Electric Superbike uses iPhone for dash

Thread: Electric Superbike uses iPhone for dash

2009 Ninja 250R

Electric Superbike uses iPhone for dash

The MotoCzysz E1pc is one of the many entries in the TTXGP race this Friday. How the iPhone is integrated into the bike is still a mystery but features like its native GPS will surely be used. And whether it wins or loses, it definitely gets points for creamy white geeky goodness.

The E1pc can go from zero to 120 mph in “seven or eight seconds” according to Michael Czysz, the company’s founder. It uses ten lithium-ion battery packs with three electric motors all mounted on a carbon fiber main frame.

Youtube video of bike in action

Czysz explains, “With teams from around the world ascending on the Isle, this is a true international competition and even though the machines are futuristic the race is not and the premise even less so- this is an old fashion ‘run what you brung’ race. Never would my Grand Father or even my Father imagined such a motorcycle would ever exist, even I would have doubted this event possible in 2009 only a few years ago.”

The TTXGP is a zero-emissions motorcycle race taking place on the famed Isle of Man Mountain Course. Some of the teams include Mission Motors, Brammo, EVOdesign and of course MotoCzysz. Other entrants include Barefoot Motors, Electric Motorsport and one of my favorites…KillaCycle Racing. Teams from the United States, United Kingdom, India, Austria, Germany and Italy all plan to compete.

TTXGP founder, Azhar Hussain, said, “With twenty-four confirmed entries, we are thrilled with the high level of interest the TTXGP has generated globally, and the superb quality of teams that will be involved.”

Source: http://gas2.org/2009/06/09/electric-...its-dashboard/

TTXGP - The Worlds First Zero Carbon, Clean Emission Grand Prix

2. Remove Advertisements

'06 Honda CBR600rr
    Does anyone know if any local station is going to carry the TTXGP?
    Even PPV?

Learning the hard way. Array skroonk's Avatar
    Dumpsville. Population: You.
    Thanks for the write up. That's a pretty cool bike. "Never rain ridden"
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube ~ Hunter S Thompson.
    RideInPeace #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010) ~ First Moto2 Legend.

Registered User Array cranker625's Avatar
    07' Monster 695
    TTXGP is going to take alternative energy leaps and bounds.
    Cant wait to see them make slipper clutches or something equivalent!

+1 to echelon's question. SPEED channel? I doubt it...

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Naked SV
    It must be weird to be flogging that bike around the track and the only thing you hear is the wind in the helmet and the bike following you around with the camera.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!