BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

No power from full stop?

991 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  thrilla 
#1 ·
When im starting to go, especially on even a slight uphill, the bike feels like it's going to stall... does the bruup bruup bruup (think slow speed, clutch lever is out and still braking, that engine sound just before it stalls) 'til i get going to about 10-20kph and 3-4k RPM. Here's the strange thing. When im stopped and revving it to about 3-4K with clutch lever in, it's revving fine. As soon as i start going, it feels like it is about to stall...

92 GSXR 750.

Anything i should be concerned about here?

#9 ·
Sorry bud, couldn't help it. Thanks for being a good sport. Check your exhaust. When I lived in an aparment in Burnaby in ZX9oo was parked in the parkade. Some clown poured (I hoped it was water) in my exhaust. Idled like crap but seemed to run ok when I opened it up. I got so pissed off I went on the highway and opened it up. The guy I was riding with said it looked like I had hit the afterburner. The exhaust would bubble by the water at idle but caused back pressure. Did you leave it in the rain or did you get 'Punked' like me?

#10 ·
Never left it out in the rain... this year (so far).

I doubt someone here did that. Neighbors are all families with only one young-er guy who is in his late 20's.

Did you try finding out who did that to your bike? Their tires would be getting some speed holes for sure.

#11 ·
when I don't warm up my ninja properly the same thing happens.

I have to go up this big ramp to get out of the underground parkade, then up a small hill before coming to a 4 way. After I stop at 4 way I'd give it gas but it would slowly inch till I'm in the middle of the flat intersection... oh yea if I don't get some speed before going up the parkade ramp it stalls lol

once the bike is warm that problem goes away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.