Mt. Currie to Duffey Lake under construction (as of Sun Jun 21, 2009)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Currie to Duffey Lake under construction (as of Sun Jun 21, 2009)

Bike
    2007 FJR

Mt. Currie to Duffey Lake under construction (as of Sun Jun 21, 2009)

Approximately 30km of gravel as of Sun Jun 21. Might want to hold off on loop runs for a couple of weeks.

Approximate road replacement location - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.781403&z=11

Gonna make for a fantastic run by this time next month
    Last edited by Erik; 06-21-2009 at 12:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    Thanks for the heads up. From the map I take it the good part starts just at the rise after passing the lake on the right (?).

I better get back up there on the SuMo before they do something stupid like pave it over .

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Approximately 30km of gravel as of Sun Jun 21. Might want to hold off on loop runs for a couple of weeks.

Approximate road replacement location - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.781403&z=11

Gonna make for a fantastic run by this time next month
    hey erik, when we passed thru on saturday, there was 9km of gravel, from just east of the pass, down to van horlick creek, just west of the lake. they may be planning to PAVE 30km this summer, but it's not all gravel at once. at least not so far...

and p.s., it looks like they are repaving, not rerouting (straightening) in any way. this is gonna be SO sweet when it's finished...

cheers,

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    All you SuMo riders and dual sports have fun. As far as I'm concerned I'm glad they are paving it, that is limited fun on a sport bike.
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

Bike
    2007 FJR
    From the brush clearing I saw, it appears that the entire section from the fun part up Mt. Currie all the way to the lake will be repaved. The map I posted is pretty close to 30km. As has been pointed out, only about 1/3 has had the pavement removed so far, but it looks like a total of 30km of pavement will be removed (roadwork signs indicate 30km). Also, the new road will follow exactly the old road. For those who like tight corners, it's going to be incredible when it's all done. A little farther east, a couple of the wood bridges are being replaced. That makes me hope that more road replacement will be coming. With the whole thing repaved, the loop will be the most fun, somewhat local spirited ride/drive there is (I'm in a Miata now. Will get a bike again though)

oh no, i've been spotted! Array Chyort's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 GSX-R 600 with the fuckin white rims, bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    From the brush clearing I saw, it appears that the entire section from the fun part up Mt. Currie all the way to the lake will be repaved. The map I posted is pretty close to 30km. As has been pointed out, only about 1/3 has had the pavement removed so far, but it looks like a total of 30km of pavement will be removed (roadwork signs indicate 30km). Also, the new road will follow exactly the old road. For those who like tight corners, it's going to be incredible when it's all done. A little farther east, a couple of the wood bridges are being replaced. That makes me hope that more road replacement will be coming. With the whole thing repaved, the loop will be the most fun, somewhat local spirited ride/drive there is (I'm in a Miata now. Will get a bike again though)
    You didn't happen to be part of that Miata convoy we passed on Saturday, did you?

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    Quote Originally Posted by greenboy View Post
    I better get back up there on the SuMo before they do something stupid like pave it over .
    knew it wouldn't take much time for you to reply to this

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    ... why is this in the rides forum?
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    2006 FIREBLADE 1000

Red face What ????

I am keeping that Beautiful Moto bike of yours in my basement for a lot longer that you have anticipated , at least until the SCRUFFY is paved over, thoes new tires deserve nice new pavement , not interior gravell

Quote Originally Posted by greenboy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. From the map I take it the good part starts just at the rise after passing the lake on the right (?).

Bike
    Knobbies
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    I am keeping that Beautiful Moto bike of yours in my basement for a lot longer that you have anticipated , at least until the SCRUFFY is paved over, thoes new tires deserve nice new pavement , not interior gravell

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

I left you brand new mounted tires and a full tank of gas, hoping that you'd come to realize the Greatness that is supermoto.

Andrew is a now a convert too, he took to it kind of like a fish to water.

Bike
    Knobbies
    Quote Originally Posted by sushigrl View Post
    knew it wouldn't take much time for you to reply to this
    Hey Anna, you know it.

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    How is the sumo on gravel with those tires Stevo? I'd imagine the bike still pushes through it well.

Bike
    Knobbies
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post
    How is the sumo on gravel with those tires Stevo? I'd imagine the bike still pushes through it well.
    Works great in pea gravel and loose dry stuff in general, as long as the gravel doesn't get too large.

I was previously running Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros. They worked fine in dry loose stuff, the only problem I had was once up a steep switchback on larger chunks of rocks/gravel. Bear in mind my off pavement skills are somewhere between lame and mediocre (Andrew was running the exact same setup, same bike, but he didn't have any problems with it).

Then I went through race take-offs Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa again, courtesy of Squire but they didn't last very long.

If it matters to you, the Pirellis work great on grass especially fresh or low cut lawns like you see on schoolyard hills, golf courses or highway medians (for illustration purposes only, I do not condone such irresponsible activity and strongly counsel against it).

Now I'm on a brand new set of Bridgestone BT016's, but have only ridden them from shop to home, and then out to Machinist's place where he is hiding the bike in sanctuary.

Bike
    Viffer
    looks like BS

http://www.drivebc.ca/byRouteEvents....Four=&x=14&y=9

or maybe not

Hwy 99 – Duffy Lake Road – Resurfacing
    Dawson Construction Limited was awarded a contract valued at $7,148,741.47 for Highway 99 and Duffy Lake Road Resurfacing. The project is expected to be complete by March 2009.

Questions about this project should be directed to Brian Lee, Project Manager, at 604-660-8078.

Bike
    2006 CBR 600RR
    I cant wait for this... Duffy lake paved is like a glimpse of riding heaven
    An awkward morning beats a boring night at home.