No garage... so I gotta park on the street!?!?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No garage... so I gotta park on the street!?!?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja

No garage... so I gotta park on the street!?!?

I live in a basement suite so there is obviously no garage to park in. I now have to park it on the street or somewhere out of sight on the driveway. I dont have a lock yet, so my question is...

What is a good but not expensive-as-heck lock to purchase and where can I get it?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Get a simple $20 wheel lock at any dealership, and a bike cover. The wheel lock will deter most joy riders, and the bike cover will actually do even more good as it will hide the bike from prying eyes (and this helps!). Other than that, you could try to find one of those "serious" bike braces, but realistically if someone wants your bike they'll take it.

Simple wheel lock + bike cover + a good alarm (with a proximity sensor) will keep your baby safe.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja
    Thanks! I will cruise on over and buy one tomorrow. I already have the bike cover, so its just one small purchase left.

Registered User Array jaydogg888's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X
    Most motorcycle dealers aren't open but I know Trev Deeley is and I think Richmond Motorsports is but I'm not sure about the latter.
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydogg888 View Post
    Most motorcycle dealers aren't open but I know Trev Deeley is and I think Richmond Motorsports is but I'm not sure about the latter.
    They are tomorrow. And yes, RMS is open today I actually just called them.
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    im moving into a basement suit also. but have a covered deck in the back yard.

just get a wheel lock, motorcycle cover, and nice blue shit-bagged tarp to cover the nice clean motorcycle cover. most people wont even glance at those blue tarps. they just think a rubble of dirt or firewood are under it...

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    parking on the streets sucks. someone will hit it.

try to get it as far into the driveway as possible, use a cover, and if there is something around, use a chain. the biggest chain you can find. i use an industrial chain in my garage, and it prolly isn't that hard to cut, but to a passerby, if they see the chain hanging out from the cover(which i make obvious) then they likely will dismiss your ride as an easy target.

also, one of those motion lights is good if the driveway is near a light on the house(although if no one can see it might actually help a would be thief).

crappy tire has a decent cover for around 100$ iirc, and a cheapo one for round 60.

and the shit bagged tarp is a good idea!!!

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    thought you might like this. depends if your landlords will let you bolt a hole in the ground for the bike brace. and you can always fill the whole when you move and wont even know the holes were there if you use the proper material.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=111301

$100 sounds like a killer deal.

just dont go all out and spend 300 bucks for expensive locks. if someone wants your bike, they will get it one way or another. today or tomorrow. next week, next month.
    hiding it down the side of the house/backyard. if you go all out, they will scratch it and bend things. and who knows what insurance will cover.

Just be creative and hide that shit out of sight.
    Last edited by 125cbr rider; 06-22-2009 at 07:17 PM.

This space for rent Array Stiffler's Mom's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 Yamaha R6
    I have a chain & lock you can have for free - probably 10 lbs worth of iron. PM me if you'd like to pick it up.
    - Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    can you roll the bike into your suite?
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Bike
    [quote=125cbr rider;1269852]im moving into a basement suit also. but have a covered deck in the back yard.
    quote]

Just ride it into your suite if the door is ground level.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array NaughtyusMaximu's Avatar
    Bike
    SV650
    Canadian tire has a Master Lock for $10. Same as the one I paid $30 for at the dealership. Seems to work ok.

Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    In this weather and my neighbor hood is a very safe one. im leaving the bikes outside. when winter comes, ill throw the bikes in the corner of the basment suit.

Bike
    doubleR
    Quote Originally Posted by 125cbr rider View Post
    In this weather and my neighbor hood is a very safe one. im leaving the bikes outside. when winter comes, ill throw the bikes in the corner of the basment suit.
    poco very safe? ever heard of mr.picton?

n e ways my neighbour parks 2 bikes outside all the time rain or shine, no one fucks around with others property, northside poco that is

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    Don't ever use one of those shitty blue tarps.