BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sunday (june 5th) lunch in princeton.

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  liketoride750 
#1 · (Edited)
Sunday (july 5th) lunch in princeton.

Sunday is coming quickly. I am looking forward to a day of riding. I have heard a few people say they have never done the princeton ride. So hear it is. Here to princeton and back thourgh logan lake. Lets say Ab Chev. @ 10.

#3 ·
Hey liketoride are you going to be stopping for lunch up here. If so let me know where and we will meet up with you. Would love to ride with another Italian!!

#4 ·
CariobooBC we will be leaving Kamloops at 10:30 (halston esso with the A&W for those leaving with us) and you tell us where to stop to pick you up than we will!! So far there is 3 of us..2 will be heading back to Kamloops and I am heading to PG..thanks for the heads up on the paving too!! That should make life a little bit more fun when we travel up there!!

#7 ·
Liketoride: I'll meet you somewhere, it just depends on how far my wife is willing to go to meet you (she's still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery). She is working and I can't get in touch with her. Maybe Little Fort or Lac Des Roche or Interlakes Esso. I'll post up later with our decision.
Starnack: Sorry for the hijack:)

#9 ·
Liketoride: We'll meet you at the Lac Des Roche lookout/rest stop between 11:30 and noon.

#10 ·
Well that sounds good..I am not too sure where it is..is it part way up highway 24 or what?? General idea..the male part of liketoride has no idea where ha ha ha..and since this is only going to be my 3 or 4th time neither do i.
Wrencher..you make a girl ALMOST want to give up the plans for a getaway to come and help you and drink beer..I said almost..Great to see you and Klassen today have fun tomorrow I will be thinkin about you while I am riding..ha ha ha

#11 ·
It is right along side the highway over looking Lac Des Roche, which is the first large lake after the summit on 24. It will be on your left side and I think it is about 10-20 km past the summit. Look for two red Ducs we'll be waiting for you. Normally there are RVs stopped there taking photos of the lake.

#14 ·
Good to meet some of the "Famous" Canyon Carvers today. CT I hope you heal fast and you find a new ride soon. I look forward to the next time you all come to rip up some Hwy 24 pavement.

#16 · (Edited)
Jamie you hit the nail on the head. We are lucky enought to ride with a great group of people. Howitzer and Matt gave up thier time to come and pick me up, and the folks that I was riding with were awesome keeping me company; making sure that I was all right (physicaly). Robin even was nice enough to yell at me to stop trying to pick up the bike! It seemed like a good idea at the time! Seriously being part of the Canyon Carvers is amazing. YOU GUYS ROCK!. And thanks to all those who have called and offered help and support.
If this is the first you've heard of this I am well. Sore, a little road rash on one arm and a whole in the right elbow. I can not emphasis enough - GET THE GEAR! I should be a hell of a lot worse than I am!

#19 ·
wut happened?

front end washout low-side? back end spin low-side? Just curious, as it helps everybody learn by hearing what went on when somebody goes down ...

heal quick!!!

#17 ·
Andrew that is what we are hear for to keep everyone safe and from getting hurt more than what they might already be. I am glad to know you are fine and will live to ride another day. The bike on the other hand RIP. Once again for all the new guys reading this the only thing that saved Andrew from extensive injuries was the gear, if he wasnt wearing it we would be visiting in a hospital or worse a Funeral. Dont cheap out buy the good stuff the first time.

Robin

#20 ·
little bit of everything K-rod, I was right behind him when it happened. There was gravel on the road, rear end spum out three times almost into a high side and then on the third time it pushed the front end out and slid like a rocket down the road. Judging by what I saw not a hope in hell to save it.

#22 ·
Thank yu for your reply to my question:

Out of curiosity and without any judgement or blame of any sort, but in keeping with analyzing the situation fully (for all parties and rtiders concerned), is there any chance that a possible reduction in throttle/power immediately after the first rear-wheel slide might have saved the bike and rider?

#30 ·
CT this is the first I had even heard about it, and I am ever so glad you are alright.

If you need anything give me a call and I'd be more than happy to help a buddy out.

Score another victory for the proper gear. Anytime you come out looking better than the bike you are doing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.