do it yourself eliminator kit 07-08 CBR600rr

Thread: do it yourself eliminator kit 07-08 CBR600rr

2007 CBR600rr

do it yourself eliminator kit 07-08 CBR600rr

If anyone knows of a nice looking fender eliminator kit for the CBR600rr 2007 please post it here. I looked at some, one from competition werkes and some others that really had no appeal to me or would for sure get a ticket.

Heres a solution I made, and I'll post some photos for people to see if they want to get rid of the stock plastic and tail signals but not spend a fortune.

1- Cut the plastic that attaches the license plate (mud flap) to the rest of the stock plastic ( flush with the bottom of the brake lights. )

2- The brake light is held on with 2 bolts. You can buy pieces of steel 1"x4" that are pre drilled at home depot for 49c each. Remove the bolts behind the license plate and attach your new metal hangars, angle them towards the outside of the bike and attach the license plate. That will get rid of the entire usless license plate that comes stock. This step took me 5 Min. I used a small hacksaw and sandpapered it smooth.

3- You have a few options for lights but i used the competition werkes stick-on turn signals. I bought them from bayside performance for 19.99. Took me about an hour to replace the signals but I had never had the bike apart before.

Doing this will give you the entire competition werkes fender elim kit for under 30$- it was the first time doing it and I'll probably make a plate holder, but this is a huge improvement on what it looked like before.

good luck!

compare it to this -

Metal Brackets

2. Remove Advertisements

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    07 zx6r
    nice work man!
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Nice job. Allways good to tinker.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie