2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Well, this is a big step and one that will surprise a number of my friends...selling my baby.
I have caught the ugly bug, and am looking for a V-strom 650, call me crazy.
The bike, as you can see in the pics (taken tonight), is extremely clean, and well cared for. It's been garaged stored all it's life, has seen nothing but full synthetic oil since 4400 miles, when I bought it.
Always connected to a Battery Tender, and covered in garage
The bike was originally purchased in WA, as I wanted THIS specific year and colour, and could not find any locally. They are tough to find a very clean version of, this is an excellent example.
I have since put about 17,000 miles on the bike, totaling about 21,500 right now.
The bike has been perfect, never had some much as a hicup, and starts, runs, and rides better than new.
Here are a list of the many mods....I don't dare add up the costs, I may cry...seriously:
- Ivan's Stage 2.5 - Full jet kit, blocks off plates
- Full Muzzy header and exhaust (also have original, like new)
- K&N Pods (still have original airbox)
- Ted's Ignition Advancer (have stock advancer)
- Throttlemeister (stainless)
- Champs frame sliders
- Chuck's Mirror extenders
- Chuck's rear footpeg extenders (not installed in pics)
- Chuck's battery-out kit (I can carry a 4 liter jug of mike under my seat!!)
- Chuck's horn relocate bracket
- Greg Couch machined aluminum fork brace
- Bar risers (not installed in pics)
- Galfer Braided stainless steel brake lines (installed 3 weeks ago, also have old ones))
- HH brake pads (twice as good as stock) - installed 1.5 weeks ago
- Hyper-Pro fully adjustable steering damper
- Extra Givi touring windscreen, taller than stock shown in pics
- Race Tech 1kg upgraded front springs (fully set up & installed by RMR 1.5 mos ago)
- Headlight modulator
- LED's in rear signals, wired to come on as running lights, as well as brake lights.
- Corbin Lady & Gunfighter custom colour matched seat (have original too)
- Rear luggage rack set up for Givi or Kappa Monokey system (From Kawi Europe)
- Side luggage racks luggage racks set up for Givi or Kappa Monokey system (From Kawi Europe)
- Kappa K48 top case (1)
- Kappa K21 side cases (2)
- Almost new Michelin Pilot Road 2CT rear tire (2 weeks old)
- Kawasaki Service Manual, hard copy original + pdf version for PC
- Geza fabric bike cover, made for this specific model
As you can see, I have dropped about $1100 into this bike in the last 1.5 months....I clearly had no intention of selling.
There are very few examples of this bike locally, so price is always a little difficult to pin down . I am extremely in tune with every ZRX that has been listed both here and in WA & OR for the last 2 years, and know my price is on the money. a 2005 in WA or OR typically asks for between $4800-$6000USD, and that's without the exhaustive lists of mods I have.
I could part out about 4 of my toys and sell them for $1000 on the ZRXOA forum quite easily, but in my opinion, everything I have is very useful and functional. The ZRX forum members are absolute vultures for many of these items, so the choice is yours.
PRICE $6300 FIRM
Any questions, please PM me.
NO TEST RIDES
Again, the following 2 pics taken tonight:
Have very few with luggage, but here's one with top case & luggage rack only:
Last edited by CHIA; 07-27-2009 at 01:13 AM.
SOLD.....very mixed emotions....12hrs after listing, not bad.