Motorcycle Tag - Season 2 / Game3 – August 1st – Oct 1st
Motorcycle Tag came out from Toronto, Ontario by a guy visiting Vancouver, named Gene (Lightcycle) the end of last season ..“There's one in SoCal that's been on-going for 3 years. I'm from Toronto just visiting Vancouver, and we started our game in April. In 4 months, we're close to 100 Tags…I just logged on here to find a location to a picture that was posted which I thought was in Vancouver. I thought it would be funny to "tag" the picture while I was on this road trip. When folks started talking about our game, someone suggested I start one here, so this is it!”
It became a huge success here on BCSB in Vancouver with over 188 tags in just 2 1/2 months, with a huge following of spectators. The first 2 months of season 2 have produced 218 tags outside of bonus tags. Let’s keep this thing growing and draw in more people.
Game 3 we decided to change it up a bit and create two games intertwined on the east and west side of the Fraser River, a suggestion made a while back by Chia
It is easy to play, fast paced, and highly addictive. So get on your bike, grab a camera, and have a blast playing Motorcycle Tag (Game 3)
Two tag games will be created; you will play for the West or East side of the Fraser River, whatever boundary you live in is what side you will play (see map)
* Someone takes a picture of their bike in front of a landmark located in your Map boundaries and post it on the tag site
* Someone else recognizes the landmark, rides to the same place, and gets a photo with their bike at the same spot.
* Get to a computer and reply to the original Photo (see FAQ), upload the photo with a Google map co-ordinate, absolutely no editing after you hit submit (see FAQ)
* You may then upload a new picture within (1) hour of the reply time
* You will then receive 10 points and your name entered on the west or east score board, determined by what border you live in
*You can tag from the other side of the river as well, if you recognize a tag in downtown and you live in Surrey and you happen to get the tag, you will receive 15 points, but you have to place a new tag on the west side of the border