Awesome video, reminds me of what a great country we live in.
I don't know what you guys are voting, but I'm definitely checking the 'YES' box.
can victorians vote?
Someone vote yes for me please!
Wow, there's isn't a whole lot that impresses me, but that video was REALLY well done.
Anyone have any info on where and when to vote?
Blah, blah, blah . . .
I wish I could vote, I'd vote yes as well.
Sad thing is, i don't think many people are going to vote. And it'd be my guess that we don't 'vote it in', which is terrible, because it truely will bring nothing but good to our city.
Some good footage, but since when does voting for something have any impact on whether it gets done around here? hehe
-=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-
Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!
the mayor campbell doesnt care what the plebicite says. he will still support the olympics. a no vote will show that vancouver doesnt want the olympics and the IOC will see it. A yes vote will show the IOC that everyone is in support
I'm not so easily swayed. If I could vote (I don't live in Vancouver) I'd vote no.
Well, I'd vote yes and I'll tell you why. When studies were done at previous olympic sites, the majority did not want the Olympics. When the poll was done after the city did get it, 99% were in favor of having the olympics. What does this tell you?
I don't understand why this poll is only open to residents of the City of Vancouver and not Greater Vancouver including everyone in the GVRD and the residents of Whistler, Squamish and other affected communities. I could see the logic in this if the entire Olympic Games were fully contained in the City of Vancouver but that's hardly the case.
I'd vote yes if I could.
Why can't you vote Adam?I wish I could vote, I'd vote yes as well.
The official voting is on Feb. 22nd and for those of you who can't on that day, there's an advance poll at City Hall on the 12th and 19th *am to 8 pm. Just bring your id and also a reason why you can't vote on the 22nd.
Now there should be no excuse not to.
I just read your profile saying Richmond. Now I know.
It does suck that it's not open to the province or at least the GVRD and Whistler.
I live in Vancouver and I'm definitely voting YES! So is my roommate and all my friends.
I can't vote because I don't live in Vancouver.
Yes for me... if I lived in Van.
Your Anguish Sustains Me
I vote no for a number of reasons.
1) It will cost way too much. Anyone who thinks that it will happed for less than 3 billion is kidding themselves.
2) I don't want the S2S to be straitened. They plan on turning the 2-lane twisties into 3-lan twisties. THAT will be deadly.
3) I live in west van and we are all sick and tired of construction. West van will be under a state of constant con/destruction for years prior to the olympics.
4) The olympics are meant to highlight a city/country. They are not meant to be an ecomomic lifeboat. BC has too many problems already. Mabye in 20 years.
5) I do not want to live under all the new laws that are going to be passed prior to the olympics.
6) I LOVE the olympics and I DONT WANT BC TO SCREW IT UP!
PS, If the olympics do come I stand to make several thousand from them.
AVATAR AmUSER and
NOT A LAWYER