Who wants to see more gear tailored for Female Riders in BC and North America?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Who wants to see more gear tailored for Female Riders in BC and North America?

  1. #1
    Oyi! Array superj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Always a Honda

    Who wants to see more gear tailored for Female Riders in BC and North America?

    Attention all female riders:

    I am looking for some feedback and comments about what kind of gear (riding boots in particular) you would like to see selling at local stores or online stores.

    Would you buy something based on:
    1.Comfort
    2.Looks/Style
    3.Fashion statement
    4.Reviews/recommendation from a friend

    Please do feel free to give your 2cents on this topic.

    Thank you!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    I'm a she-male. Array integra298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Poo-land.
    Bike
    Scooty Puff Junior.

    Arrow

    How about female gear that actually FITS ... cos so far, I'm not all that impressed by what's available... which is nearly nothing...

    As for boots, I don't have a problem with my sidi's ... don't know if they are particularly geared for male or female ...


    Looks and fashion statement don't matter to me, but I'm sure you can tell from the way I dress like a bum all the time.

    It's all about fit, comfort, reliability, durability ... and cost!
    Last edited by integra298; 08-07-2009 at 02:12 AM.
    -teg-

    Hello? Anyone still out there? d:

  4. #3
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Sorry to hijack the woman's forum, but there is much better selection south of the border on this stuff.

    My Dad's wife has found most of her stuff there, very little locally though.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  5. #4
    Oyi! Array superj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Always a Honda
    Care to elaborate the name of the store my friend?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Sorry to hijack the woman's forum, but there is much better selection south of the border on this stuff.

    My Dad's wife has found most of her stuff there, very little locally though.

  6. #5
    Oyi! Array superj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Always a Honda
    Never seen how casual you've dressed. Heck, don't even know if i have ever seen you in person. But there are girls out there, say on the back of their bf's bike that wants to deck out and looking good and have the concept of safe too!

    Quote Originally Posted by integra298 View Post
    How about female gear that actually FITS ... cos so far, I'm not all that impressed by what's available... which is nearly nothing...

    As for boots, I don't have a problem with my sidi's ... don't know if they are particularly geared for male or female ...


    Looks and fashion statement don't matter to me, but I'm sure you can tell from the way I dress like a bum all the time.

    It's all about fit, comfort, reliability, durability ... and cost!

  7. #6
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by superj View Post
    Care to elaborate the name of the store my friend?
    Many stores.....WA has quite a number of bike shops, many carry brands that are not available in BC.

    Like any gear, it's one of those thigs that has to be tried on, so the best plan it to make a little day trip, hit a bunch of places....I love shopping, so that to me is entertainment.....yes, I'm odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  8. #7
    Driving People Crazy Array nevagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in therapy
    Bike
    D675
    As a woman who has spent a lot of time trolling the WA stores for women's gear, I have to say that there selection is just as disappointing as what is available locally - unless you are looking for the Icon bombshell/hooker boots that is! LOL
    The WA stores don't usually carry anything in smaller sizes, good luck finding a helmet smaller than a S anwhere.
    I find there's a good selection of women's motocross gear or HD cruiser wear, but street/sportbike - not so much.


    If there's something you really want and need to try on, local stores will order it in for you (provided it is available in Canada) with no obligation. If it doesn't fit, you don't have to buy it.

  9. #8
    banned user Array adam112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    home
    Bike
    bike
    Yes I agree, women gear needs to be more form fitting. A little mystery is a good thing, but to much mystery is just dangerous.
    Too sexy for this forum.

  10. #9
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by nevagirl View Post
    If there's something you really want and need to try on, local stores will order it in for you (provided it is available in Canada) with no obligation. If it doesn't fit, you don't have to buy it.
    I doubt too many stores will extend this policy. Special order items are typically only ordered with a deposit.

    They don't want to be stuck with it obviously.

    I guess the gear selection may vary, based on your size too....if you are very petite, perhaps this is more difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  11. #10
    Registered User Array FrozenMercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Langhole
    Bike
    K7 GSX-R600
    American gear is made for fat Americans.

  12. #11
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMercury View Post
    American gear is made for fat Americans.
    HaHa, well the vast majority is made in Asia, so......
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  13. #12
    Driving People Crazy Array nevagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in therapy
    Bike
    D675
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I doubt too many stores will extend this policy. Special order items are typically only ordered with a deposit.

    They don't want to be stuck with it obviously.

    I guess the gear selection may vary, based on your size too....if you are very petite, perhaps this is more difficult.
    From personal experience I can tell you this does occur. I've never had to pay up front. If it is not worn, only tried on in the store then the item can be returned to the distributor.

    If the store is unwilling to bring in an item for me to try on that they do not stock, I will go somewhere that will.

    I'm not talking about a special order, but something that is in their catalog from their distributor. Obviously every retailer cannot stock every possible size and colour available.

  14. #13
    Driving People Crazy Array nevagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in therapy
    Bike
    D675
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    HaHa, well the vast majority is made in Asia, so......
    Yes, but is it made to American sizing, i.e. large and larger.

  15. #14
    Ridin' Dirty Array Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Bike
    2013 Ninja 1000
    There is nice gear out there but you have to order it online and hope it fits. I find the dealers locally and across the border either have staff that don't ride or aren't women decide what they should stock in store for women and it usually is 10 pairs of the same ugly, heavy, or pink gear that no one is buying. When that doesn't sell the following year they decide not to stock any women's gear because nothing sold the year before, sigh...
    We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.

  16. #15
    Oyi! Array superj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    Always a Honda
    Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    ...When that doesn't sell the following year they decide not to stock any women's gear because nothing sold the year before, sigh...
    Thanks for all of ya'll input!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •