BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Ghost cars are one thing but this is rediculous

6K views 82 replies 46 participants last post by  katana1150 
#1 ·
Driving down HWY 1 at Lonsdale in North Van this evening I see a ghost car - a black Chevy Suburban pulled over a minivan. The ghost car had CALIFORNIA PLATES!

What the heck?!?!

#4 ·
I agree. I was shaking my head tonight as well. A Chevy Tahoe with "N" sticker tailgating a car, doing ridiculous lane changes with no signals and cutting other ppl off on the Hgw between 15th Street and Exit Cypress in West Van. He damn near caused a mass accident in the 6pm traffic WTF??
I stayed back because I was scared!!

#5 ·
it's called "revenue recovery" and it's ...

virtually a war aginst the civillian tax-payer.

Sad but true. Welcome to your new, almost post-Olympic, post recession reality.

#23 ·
Does anyone know if they've ever used a "commercial" vehicle before?
I read once where an agency in the US put radar on industrial sized lawnmowers in the medians... let's not give them any ideas.

Hey, its not law enforcement anymore, its taxation. The Winnipeg Police Department is ordering their people to give more tickets!

I am less concerned with the driver in the proper lane exceeding the limit by 30 or 40km/h than I am with morons who roll through stoplights, switch lanes without looking, or any other multitude of idiotic actions, usually with a cellphone glued to their ear...

#9 ·
I've wondered about that - I've seen a couple of plain crown vics with Cal plates, i've instantly dismissed them after seeing the plates. Now I'm going to be doing a double check. I though the ghost cars with the N and L plates on the back were bad enough :jerkoff

#10 ·
You know some kid off of SoCalRider.net is bitching right now about getting a ticket for speeding past a ford F-350 with B.C. plates...........:laughing

#11 ·
After all the stories and stuff I see, I really still try to have a positive attitude toward police, but it gets tough sometime.

I live right across the street from a police station, and I see a lot of stuff that goes on around my place. There is a 4 way stop sign right outside the police station, and the only people I ever see blow the stop sign are cop cars with no lights/sirens on. Then they turn around and give tickets to civilians doing the same thing. This isn't something I've seen once or twice. It's almost every day. Just today I saw a cop blow the stop sign leaving the station without lights and sirens causing oncoming traffic to literally screech on their brakes. Last night I watched a cop car do a burn out on the street in front of my place. Again, no code 3.

I've really tried to keep this to myself and not be cynical about police. But after living beside a station, I realize that they break way more laws than any other motorist on the street. All because they can get away with it.

I guess my complaints really don't mean anything, as I have no license myself right now....

#20 ·
I almost got T-Boned by a BC Ambulance yesterday (in my truck).
On Kingsway west making a left turn on Gilley.
Light turns yellow, traffic slows down, turns red, as I am already committed and in the middle of the intersection (since it was green)
I proceed to turn and an Ambulance with no lights or sirens decides to keep going and runs the red light.

Oh yeah, they had a big "on strike" banner on the back of it.
That's another story, if my employees were on strike, I sure as hell wouldn't let them plaster MY trucks with On Strike banners.

#22 ·
I live across the street from a police station too and they rip up and down my street all day and night. They drive down my street, a narrow side street with cars parked all along it @ about 30km over the limit all the time. It actually wakes me up at night because it's loud with them flooring it past my building and I'm on the 7th floor! Most of the time this is them going back to the station with no flashing lights or sirens.

The other day I was sitting at the intersection beside my place waiting to turn left, one of them cut the corner doing well over the speed limit and almost took out my car.:firemad I had the windows down so I yelled at the F@&$er but he was going so fast he didn't hear me.

#29 ·
These comments remind me of way back before all our time when criminals would put red lights on their ordinary cars, 'pull' people over, and then rob them (or worse...)
I would have a hard time convincing myself it is safe to pull over for a vehicle that isn't blazingly obvious a cop car....what with the gang wars etc....

#39 ·
Reminds me of a time I was going down 152nd Street in Surrey going dow the hill and I was in the slow lane. There was a fulley decalled tahoe behind me tail gaiting me so I kept going faster and faster. I even rolled down my window and waved for him to pass. I told my gf at the time that this was going to be funny and sure enough the fun started. The cop flicked on his lights and I hit my brakes and he almost plowed into me. He walks up to the window and I already had my license and reg ready for him. He asked me why I was speeding and I told him I was trying to put distance between us because he was tail gating and thus the reason why you almost hit me. He must have been new because another female officer approached my window and asked me why I was speeding. I told her the same thing and they went back to the Tahoe. He came back and handed me my license and reg and told me to slow down. I told him to not tail gate and I won't have to speed up.

Here's an interesting tidbit. When you're going to get pulled over just stop. Stop right where you are. If it's in the middle of the fast lane just stop. If it's in the HOV lane just stop. They're going to get super pissed but it'll force them to give you a ticket really fast or else they have to deal with some pissed off motorists. It works like a charm.

#41 ·
Here's an interesting tidbit. When you're going to get pulled over just stop. Stop right where you are. If it's in the middle of the fast lane just stop. If it's in the HOV lane just stop. They're going to get super pissed but it'll force them to give you a ticket really fast or else they have to deal with some pissed off motorists. It works like a charm.
Or you can do what I do .... show em some respect, say hi, offer to give em your papers before they ask. I got pulled over last night 30k over the limit .. not even a warning paper. Just a firm "don't speed" and that was it. Bit of respect goes a long way, yeah? Only tickets I have had have been from guys looking to bump up their "quota". Regular cops never give me tickets.

#44 ·
Yea... and throw away all your chances of possibly just getting a warning.
Automatic ticket..

no thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.