Screwed by Rogers...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screwed by Rogers...

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r

Screwed by Rogers...

little history. When buying a new phone from them I asked the sales man if I would get notifications when/if i either get close to my minute limit or go over it. (Telus does that with a double beep at the start of every phone call if you go over, thus informing ya to keep it quick and not blabber on) He said yes, and i told him to ring that new blackberry through.

Now i go and pay my bill and to see if they will let me change my phone for an iphone. The guy asks if i want to pay the whole .... $516.something . It did not hit me 'til he said for the 3rd time.

I told him i'd have to call their customer service and see what the fuck is going on.

Naturally their customer SERVICE dept is closed. Their BILLING is open. When it comes to taking my money they are happy to stay open, when it comes to providing me with the service and answer my questions, OH NOEEEEES. must call when it is convenient for THEM. So i was sufficiently pissed off at this point.

I somehow manage to get a live person on the phone instead of that bitch computer. Turns out they stopped sending out those text messages because people were complaining... even though any communication between them and client is free and they would be happy to sell me more shit so my incoming are free (i was under the impression they were already free, btw).

Now I will be calling them on Monday to go talk to a manager there since the drones won't be able to do anything anyways.

So far it seems like i have 2 options. Pay it all up and as soon as my contract expires give them a big FU and make sure as many people i know do not continue using their services. OR Pay the normal charges i would have paid (75 after everything) and be a happy return customer.

The way i see it, they should cancel those overages as part of the reason why i sign that contract was them notifying me when I was either running out or already over my limit. I never got any notification of any sort.

Anyone who dealt with them before on the pissed off customer side have any suggestions? I know I probably will have to talk to manager's manager as they all have different spending limits. Or just ask to be transferred to retention dept?

To put this in perspective it is kinda like going to get your bike fixed due to unknown gremlins and asking the shop to call you before proceeding with actual fixing and inform you of the expenses, only to have the shop go on with the job and fixing everything for 5 times the cost you agreed to pay for finding those gremlins.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

One Lump Sum Array
    Bike
    1997 GSX-R 600
    My old man is pretty pissed with Rogers too. It's a long story, but essentially they shafted him on several counts in one smooth go. He told them to go screw themselves, he had bill collecters calling for a couple years but it seems to have petered out now. I can't even talk about phones without him going off into a rant about Rogers...I'm with Fido, and always been happy, but I've been worried since they merged with Rogers
    1997 GSX-R 600 (high k's and missing bolts here and there)

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Is there some sort of government consumer protection agency here in Canada? Since they pretty much lied to me to make me sign that contract.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Ride to you limits Array clutch's Avatar
    Bike
    To big and to fast for you
    IM with Rogers for the internet stick which is "the fastes network in canada" BULL SHIT!!! hardley any bars on the stick and when side by side with Bell the bell G3 uploaded alot faster.. My buddy could get steady streaming whil i had the braks and pauses....
    Count down to FU Rogers 5 weeks left..

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    I hate Rogers! screwed me big on a bill, When I refused to pay it they sent it to collections..

Same kinda miscomunications between the fucktard working and what is the real offer..
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

I make Civics look fast Array Slow Man Cole's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Honda Fireblade CBR 929RR, 1988 Honda Hurricane CBR 600
    Well; I used to be Clearnet; had the best plan in the world too! AND IT WAS FUCKING 1999!!!!! Why is it as mergers and time passes we get fucked more?

$50 in 1999 got me all I could possibly humanly do with one phone if I made it a job to use my phone like a relentless bastard!!!

Now if I look at my cell and sneeze funny; I get a 90 dollar bill from rogers!

Their entire billing and service teams have more bugs in them than a crack whore with the sniffles....

I liked clearnet... Then Telus bought them out.. (I had hated BCTel back in the day for other reasons not worth mentioning) and then Telus told me I could take my contract and shove it up my ass so far I will remember why clearnet called it the SHARPER IMAGE!

So yeah Fuck Telus.. Fuck Rogers (fido is now rogers except with less cell towers... essentially rogers started using all the fido towers for itself to make a real network...)... So that leaves me with.... BELL.....

AND I WORK FOR BELL!!!! Have been a little replaceable drone for the past three years....

Happily being their no talent wage slave; you would think I get a deal on a phone... WELLLLLLLL ..... NO.... You see there is Bell (AKA Ma' Bell) and Mobility (Some other company that I promise you is not Bell) and what mobility likes to do; is tell me I am a worthless ass clown and not worthy of a discount....

Fine; ok I can deal with that... But their normal plans are temptingly cheap; so I guess why not; why not just drill the hole in the side of my temples and join in... hell the company already rapes our salary and benefits; whats one blow job... (You stop noticing the taste after a while)

THE PROBLEM IS THE SERVICE BLOWS! I can could about 11 friends that have Bell... AND NOT ONE OF THEM CAN EVER HEAR ME; They drop their calls so often; I have to constantly ask if there is anyone there to avoid talking to myself for the next 5 minutes and the phone options usually blow because it is CDMA... (A technology last updated in 1995!)

Oh and I also have the sheer gull to actually travel; so it means my phone would be a steaming pile of crap the moment I leave north america...

I actually went to Singapore once and asked for a CDMA phone for my mom... The girl there had no clue what I was asking; but was nice enough to go to a guy in the back that looks like Kain from kung fu... and he takes out a old magazine and shows it to the girl who giggled slightly and said.. "Oh sorry, we have not seen those this decade..."

So yeah; what was I ranting about??

Oh yeah Rogers... They fuck me in the ass with a bill so big it would give even the most open minded prostitute the shivers; and I still use them..

AND WHY... Because they actually work... Barely.. But it seems that while everyone else fails to have service because the accidentally left downtown vancouver; or happen to be beside cement... I have bars.
    Last edited by Slow Man Cole; 08-23-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    I don't want your forgiveness; I won't make excuses. I'm not going to blame you, even if you are an accessory. But I will not accept your natural order. I didn't come for absolution, I didn't ask to be redeemed, but isn't that the way it always is?

I'm a she-male. Array integra298's Avatar
    Bike
    Scooty Puff Junior.

Cool sob sob

everyone's got a sob story about everything ...

i'll just keep my mouth shut and fido can treat me like shit as long as i get to keep my old city fido forever. yeeeeeeee ha. d:
    -teg-

Hello? Anyone still out there? d:

Bike
    S
    One time they said I had unlimited internet on the phone and it turned out that I didn't and got a $300 bill for just surfing the net but I got that waived when I phoned rogers since the sales guy screwed up.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    All telecommunication companies are shit, it's a fact of life. Sooner or later everyone gets to deal with their crap.

Personally, I've been on Fido for about six years now, and while I've had my share of shitty moments & random charges, in the end everything has gotten resolved and I've been very happy with their service. Dropped calls? Maybe one or two in these six years... Works great .
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    i've had issues with telus but they've always been cleared up. and right now i'm pretty happy with my plan

unlimited internet and email
    unlimited incoming calls
    unlimited calling after 5pm
    250 text msgs
    voicemail, calldisplay, blah,blah,blah
    100 minutes of long distance on the weekends
    350 daytime minutes
    billing by the second

all in, incl tax and the bs system fee my bill is $71/month.

Bike
    ZX10r
    I used to have that Fido city plan. $40 all in. That included the $6.95 access fee, 911, voicemail and call display. And unlimited calling in the LM. It was brilliant and I would have never let it go except that I shifted countries.
    But Fido was a shit bucket just like the rest. I roamed heavily with the phone for a while and once in a while, at the most innoportune moment they'd cancel my service and demand either a 30 minute chat or payment within 24 hours, even though my billing cycle wasn't up!!! I'd be in the middle of nowhere, with absolutely no communications, and somehow I'd have to get them some money to restart. After dropping a few grand in a few months (young stupidity), they had the audacity to try and charge me a few $30 service fees for 'restarting' my service when they had no right to stop it. In the end they'd give it back, but seriously that's bad business. Fido was one of those companies that made an important life decision for me. If I ever decide to pursue another few years of education, it'll most probably be in consumer and corporate law.

Bike
    1200 GS
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    Is there some sort of government consumer protection agency here in Canada? Since they pretty much lied to me to make me sign that contract.
    I believe that this would be your best bet locally.

Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority of BC

Or you might want to try CRTC Complaints Regarding Telephone Service.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    For complaints, fill this form out: http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ots/cf/Exis...m.do?locale=en and someone will be calling to kiss your ass the next morning. Tried and tested.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    i've had issues with telus but they've always been cleared up. and right now i'm pretty happy with my plan

unlimited internet and email
    unlimited incoming calls
    unlimited calling after 5pm
    250 text msgs
    voicemail, calldisplay, blah,blah,blah
    100 minutes of long distance on the weekends
    350 daytime minutes
    billing by the second

all in, incl tax and the bs system fee my bill is $71/month.
    I have the same plan...With Telus all you have to say is I'm gone and everything magically gets fixed.
    A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg, even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.

Is livin life. Good or bad, whatever happens, happens.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    Quote Originally Posted by coolio View Post
    One time they said I had unlimited internet on the phone and it turned out that I didn't and got a $300 bill for just surfing the net but I got that waived when I phoned rogers since the sales guy screwed up.
    this happened with me too. They said I had free internet during my 6 months unlimited, but they lied. I got a huge bill that was reversed b/c the person on the phone "misinformed" me.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves