BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Las Vegas bike rentals.

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bill 
#1 ·
Anyone got any info on bike rentals out of Vegas that aren't *cough* Hardley Abelson's?

#4 ·
Strike a deal with them . They're pretty good that way. Not a huge company. I rented a GSXR 600 last year and went out to the Valley of Fire- totally great riding and spectacular scenary - incredible day - plus I wound that bike up to 157 mph!

#5 ·
Maybe I'll call them and see what I can work out on a 2500km week or something like that. Thanks for the heads up.

157mph... well done!

I imagine they have spot or gps tracking on their bikes... I know they record
data on luxury car rentals, I found that one out after renting a Ferrari and
doing some high speed moves.

#7 ·
Once upon a time I wrote the number down (1-866-704-7368) when in Vegas and saw the pick-up truck parked outside Spearmint Rhino with two rental CBR 600RR's in the back. You're not going to be there the first w/e in October are you?

#8 ·
GF and I rented from Eaglerider when we were in Vegas.

The salesdroid who booked the rentals was unbelievably helpful and really bent over backwards to get our business. Really impressed with the dude.

The mouthbreathers behind the counter were a bit less pleasant, but I attribute that to having to deal with a thousand foreigners per day. A call to aforementioned salesguy straightened them out forthwith.

The dudes actually checking out the bikes to renters were fast and professional, if a bit curt. As we were dealing with them for about four minutes total, I can't complain there.

I rented a ST1300 (great bike) for two days for about $400 US. GF originally rented a Sportster 883 for somewhat less, but she haaaated the bike even before she got out of the parking lot, so they swapped it out for a Shadow Aero 750 with no questions and no charge. That's what she rides at home, so she was much, much happier.

Overall, I'd give them about a 7.5/10, mostly on the strength of our experience with the very pleasant salesdroid.

Eaglerider themselves have a fairly standard rental policy, you need to put the upgraded insurance on the bike for $12/day extra to get the deposit to $1000 per bike. Otherwise, it's $2000/bike. They've got a nice "if you get stranded we'll come get you" clause, too. We didn't use it, but damn it was nice to know it was available.

HTH

#9 ·
No GPS or data recorder that I was made aware of. They were totally great when I got back. They provided a decent leather jacket and helmet, but they had NO EARPLUGS for sale. That was weird. I got lucky cause another renter had a new pair of earplugs handy.

My 157mph was done on I 15 - Interstate highway with no traffic on it whatsoever.

#10 ·
I rented from EagleRider,..... we seemed to have a misunderstanding about the definition of "unlimited mileage" :laughing

I thought 1700 miles in 2 days was very fair, the owner was more than a little upset for some reason.

I rented a Wing, they had ST1300's, VFRs and an FJR (all were booked out) order in advance

http://www.eaglerider.com/lasvegas/lasvegas.aspx

Yu might be better to rent on the coast and ride to and from Vegas it is only 3 hours to LA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.