BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

lots of bikes out yesterday

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  gc1226 
#1 ·
I went for a little trip up to Spences Bridge yesterday and passed about 20 or so sportsbikes stopped at one of the gas stations at Princeton. I think I saw them head toward Spences Bridge or Merrit when I was heading back from there.

Was there a BCSB ride out to the interior yesterday? I kind of thought not as all of them had both wheels on the ground. . .

Lots of other riders out too enjoying one of the last good riding weekends of the season.

#2 ·
Ya lots of bikes. We we're coming into whistler after duffy and approached 2 bikes, the front one frantically waved at us to get our attention and his buddy popped a huge wheelie going about 90km. First time I've ever seen a high speed wheelie. I figured it was someone from here looking for attention. I guess it was kind of cool... No not really...

Anyways we had a great 4 day trip out Revelstoke and back.

#3 ·
We were in Princeton around 11:15 ish, about 15 bikes on this group.

http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115070

All had lunch in Merritt, and some went back to Princeton, some went back thru the Coquihalla, and the majority went thru spences bridge to Lytton. From there part of the group went home thru the canyon and 6 of us went on to Lillooet. Past Lillooet, one had a flat tire and had to get towed home while the rest of us made it to Pemberton for dinner, then home.

#5 ·
Yep, I was out on a solo overnighter of the southern interior and Okanagan on the the weekend, there was a lot of bikes out.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en...5025936871799828932.000472fce4feed9d2a178&z=8

Perfect riding weather and great roads except for the boring stretch of Trans Canada between Cache Creek and Kamloops.

I also saw too many Harleys and not enough sportbikes, not to mention that I went to a Starbucks in Kamloops to get my posing done and there wasn't a single other sportbike there (no, not even a Ducati), c'mon people. Lots of sportbike action on the Duffy when I went over (out and back.)

#6 ·
We had a nice Stave Lake/Dewdney Trunk ride on Sunday afternoon, saw lots and lots of sportbikes. Not too many Hardleys until we got into Mission proper, and that was only the big ape-hangers being loud and slow :cool

Shushwap this weekend - how's the Fraser Canyon these days? Hoping to skip the Coke altogether, it's boring as hell.

Is Duffy Lake clean enough to come back through? GF doesn't enjoy gravel :devillook

#8 ·
I rode to Lilooet and back on Saturday on my own. Had a couple of guys following me on the Duffy Lake Road on Yamaha R1/6s (I think, they never came alongside to chat at the bridge construction stops). Got held up by a huge gaggle of cruiser guys coming back down through the flats into Darcy and Pemberton which sucked but otherwise it was a epic day all 'round.

#10 ·
I also saw too many Harleys and not enough sportbikes, not to mention that I went to a Starbucks in Kamloops to get my posing done and there wasn't a single other sportbike there (no, not even a Ducati), c'mon people. Lots of sportbike action on the Duffy when I went over (out and back.)

Sorry dude, Interior is home to 60k KM 3 yr old bikes. We don't really have time to be hangin at Starbucks.
With that being said, when we get all full of ourselves and wanna feel like the city we do make an appearance. Check the Toy Run pics in Interior Riders There is a photo there just for you guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.