What are your thoughts on ABS. Do you think all street bikes should have ABS or is it an accessory that adds weight and takes away control from new and experienced motorcyclists. ABS technology is fairly new on motorcycle but expect it to become options on many in short order.
Some interesting observations:
- Tests completed at 100kph in various conditions 5 pass various skills on first generation ABS.
- On dry pavement professional riders could stop faster than the ABS
- On wet ground ABS considerably decreased stopping distance
- New riders stopped in a shorter distance with ABS
- ABS is not effective while cornering
- ABS adds over $1000 cost to most bikes and as much as 20 pounds weight.
Because i'm awful: links
Antilock Brakes On Bikes
ABS on a sportbike?
ABS Yes or No?