good software to burn dvds from avi files

Thread: good software to burn dvds from avi files

streets belong 2 us Array Incantation's Avatar
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750

good software to burn dvds from avi files

i used to use nero vision express.. but my install cd is scratched and it won't load.

anyone recommend another software i can use to create DVDs from avi files? divx format.. i'm dealing with 700mb to 1.2 gb input files.. and i need the software to make em 4gb for the dvd..

suggestions? should i just buy a new nero? (mine is like 4 years old but worked fine)

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    T-Saw, BC
    it's called torrents, they're free... but not necessarily legal. But they're free.

2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    I'll use this from time to time.

Nero 9 mostly.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    so, someone encoded (and compressed) a dvd file into a completely different codec so you could easily download it, and now you want to take this file (that contains a fraction of the information from the original dvd), and convert it BACK into dvd format?

can you say 'lossy format'?

why not just try to grab the original dvd iso and burn that instead?
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array
    Land of the 26" chrome spinners
    Tai Ni Po Ni
    DeVeDe is your friend. I use it on my BSD box but there is a Windoze version available. Actually, I just put it on my Win7 X64 box and it works fine. It is totally free and very easy to use. You have an option to export the avi to dvd files or an iso image. I use the iso format then I use CDBurnerXP (also free) to burn the iso. Works great every time. Post up if ya have any questions and I'll help ya out

1984 GPz 750
    I just use Nero Vision. Works great.

Surrey, B.C.
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    Always really liked Nero. Sonic came with my new comp and works pretty well. Nero gets by some of the copy write tricks.
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"