BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

cleaning fling

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  K-rod 
#1 ·
How do I go about cleaning chain lube fling from my fairings? I've just stored my bike and noticed a lot of fling on the underside of my tail.

I was thinking of using kerosene, as thats what I use on my chain. However I'm not sure what kind of reaction it will have with the paint...

#4 ·
Wd-40 ...

... sprayed onto a soft rags works, or you can buy a can of Turtle's "Bug and Tar Remover" from Canadian Tire that works as well, and both won't mar your paint at all.

Work like a charm, and then wash with soap immediately afterwards.

#12 ·
I decided to clean my wheels and was using WD-40. It did a great job of removing all the oil, grease and brake dust from the front and rear wheels. I just liberally sprayed it on all over the wheels, calipers and rotors to get everything nice and clean and shiny but now my brakes don't work very well. When I pulled out of the garage and I almost ran into the neighbor's garage on the other side of the alley because I couldn't stop! :eek

Should I just let the bike sit so the extra WD-40 can evaporate or do I need to clean my brakes with something else now? I'm hoping to get this fixed so I can go riding this afternoon.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.