My off season sport - cyclocross racing

Thread: My off season sport - cyclocross racing

wannabe motorcyclist Array bcmtnbka's Avatar
    Bike
    Trixie

My off season sport - cyclocross racing

When most people pack away their bikes for the winter months, I race cyclocross in the fall/winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    K5 GSX-R600
    Very nice... I ride throughout winter, in fact our fall/winter training program starts at the end of October. Last training session last year was in 2 degrees weather, with plenty of rain. Borderline stupid, and not much fun - but the racing season starts early in the year so I have to keep in (some sort of) shape.
    • He who dares not offend, cannot be honest.
    • The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    What kind of event is this? WHere you carry up your bike?...And it looks more like a street bike?....no suspension? no knobbies...

on grass???
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Bike
    RC
    Why is it sunny?

wannabe motorcyclist Array bcmtnbka's Avatar
    Bike
    Trixie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sushi ya ha View Post
    What kind of event is this? WHere you carry up your bike?...And it looks more like a street bike?....no suspension? no knobbies...

on grass???
    It looks like a road bike, but it is not. It has no suspension as it will add weight. It has knobby tires but they are not as wide as a mountain bike tire.

Cyclocross racing was originally used by the road racers to stay in shape during the off season. The races are shorter with higher intensity to keep the bodies warm.

Part of the fun of Cyclocross racing is the dismounting and carrying of the bike. The obstacles are part of the racing and the racers will need to jump over the hurdles or run up a steep hill. It is just part of the tradition as the sport originated from Europe.

Token Angry Asian Array mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Repsol SP . CB599 - Hornet , Ducati M1200S
    my off season sport is..drink more beer..and watch hockey
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

Bike
    2005 600rr
    I've been hearing a lot about cyclocross since I started looking into cycling again. Looks like a lot of fun.

Bike
    '07 triumph 675 (Trashed)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmtnbka View Post
    It looks like a road bike, but it is not. It has no suspension as it will add weight. It has knobby tires but they are not as wide as a mountain bike tire.

Cyclocross racing was originally used by the road racers to stay in shape during the off season. The races are shorter with higher intensity to keep the bodies warm.

Part of the fun of Cyclocross racing is the dismounting and carrying of the bike. The obstacles are part of the racing and the racers will need to jump over the hurdles or run up a steep hill. It is just part of the tradition as the sport originated from Europe.
    I was out the moment I heard the term "run up a steep ass hill you fat f*ck" , or something along those lines .........
    I can only surmise that the "2005" in your name is derived from your year of birth. You weren't born yesterday, but pretty damn close to it. - Howattzer to Phantom2005
    BCSB Ride Video links --- http://vimeo.com/search/videos/search:jafkaf/431febee