Duty on Truck Canopy?

Thread: Duty on Truck Canopy?

Bike

Duty on Truck Canopy?

Anyone know if there is duty on truck parts, specifically on truck canopies?

I'm looking at a Leer canopy out here and it's a grand cheaper in Washington State including taxes.

Bike
    If it's made in the USA, it's duty free.

Were you going to pick it up or have it shipped?
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    Do you have the truck already? Does it have a canopy on it yet? Do you have a passport? See where I'm getting at here?

Bike
    lol ya I get it Goat. I'm having them install it.
    They say there isn't any duty on it.
    It's a Leer 100XQ for a 08 DB Tacoma. They wanted $3195 taxes in here with the options I wanted.
    I bought it off a Leer dealer in Bellingham for $2,311 after taxes and exchange.

Fuck do they ever hose you up here.

Bike
    2006 K1200S

welcome to Canada ....

Quote Originally Posted by kuldip View Post
    lol ya I get it Goat. I'm having them install it.
    They say there isn't any duty on it.
    It's a Leer 100XQ for a 08 DB Tacoma. They wanted $3195 taxes in here with the options I wanted.
    I bought it off a Leer dealer in Bellingham for $2,311 after taxes and exchange.

Fuck do they ever hose you up here.

Land of the (tax) ass-fucked and hosed ...

Get outta the fast lane!! Array westvan_dude's Avatar
    Bike
    04' Suzuki SV1000S, 01' BMW K1200LT, 94' Suzuki Intruder 1400
    We get everything in the ass here. I'm always surprised when things here aren't brown... considering. LOL

Check this out, ordered a bunch of plastic bottles from McKernan's... about $500usd worth. 8 good size boxes. Not stupid heavy or anything.

Well.... UPS to Canada was $475usd for SHIPPING ALONE!!! Plus duty/brokerage fees on top of that!!! Arghhh.

So I send the shit to Point Roberts for $235usd. Ass-wipes.

In case you're wondering... can't get that product here anymore. Local supplier doesn't carry shit anymore. 2wks ago I ordered some special green caps for some shampoo we contract manufacture.... anyhow.... had to order 50,000 pieces. From USA was 12-16wks delivery time $0.15/piece. Chinese made is costing me $0.037USD CIF Vancouver per piece. Same 50,000 pieces min order but 1 month delivery. I'm not STUPID, got the Chinese ones. What kinda manufacturer gives 12-16wks lead time... what do I tell my customer... sorry, you gotta wait 3-4 months. That's ridiculous. No wonder they're all outta business because they are retards.

Another good one - ever use those Emergen-C packets? 1000mg vit C and other vitamins. Dissolves in water. Tastes nice. Anyway, Wholefoods (Wholepaycheque) has'em for $25-30 a carton. Each carton is 36 sachels. So I do some research, find them at http://thebetterhealthstore.com/ for $7.79usd per carton. Yes, 1/3 price. So I get a few friends together and do a group order. Over $69 and FREE shipping. Talk about a no-brainer. In the Spring we went down to Anaheim and saw these were anywhere from $10-15usd per carton. Again - we get it up the poop tube here. For NO reason.
    Last edited by westvan_dude; 10-10-2009 at 12:44 AM.