Scorpion XDR Commander Jacket Review

Thread: Scorpion XDR Commander Jacket Review

Surrey, BC
    2006 Yamaha FZ6

Scorpion XDR Commander Jacket Review

Hey everyone, I picked up a Scorpion XDR Commander Jacket from Daytona in Surrey. I had been looking for a good 3/4 length coat for riding deeper into the season and had found this one online but wanted to see it and compare against the Joe Rockets, Aplinestars, Kilimangero's etc.

First impression is that this jacket will take me quite some time to utilize all the features. The attention to detail is impressive, it comes with more features that I care to go through but if you search on you tube there are a couple of great videos for it. It comes in three colours, grey, black and vis yellow. I went with the black as they didn't have the grey and the vis yellow is a little to vis for me.

Riding impressions: due to a number of features this thing rocks. No wind gets in at the wrists (wrist gaiters), neck (storm collar) or waist (cinch points and gussets). The rainproof liner does a great job of keeping you dry, the quilted liner does a great job of keeping you warm. NOrmally I have been riding with an electric vest for the past couple weeks, but there is no need for it with this liner.

The price was about $400 plus tax. All said I am very happy with it and will update the review as time goes on.

2. Remove Advertisements

eastern Fraser Valley
    2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
    Thanks! Good job.
    I love gear reviews.
    I'm going to put up one or two of my own in the next week or two....How about pictures or a link?!
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."
    ~Last words of Gen. Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

New West
    Last edited by CHIA; 11-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **