Erik Buell Establishes Erik Buell Racing

Thread: Erik Buell Establishes Erik Buell Racing

New West

Erik Buell Establishes Erik Buell Racing

ERIK BUELL ESTABLISHES ERIK BUELL RACING New Venture Will Build Buell 1125R-based Racing Motorcycles and Supply Parts

Milwaukee, Wis. -- (Friday, November 20, 2009) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) announced today that following the company’s recent decision to discontinue the Buell motorcycle product line, Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company, will leave the company to establish Erik Buell Racing, an independent motorcycle race shop.

Erik Buell Racing will specialize in the supply of race-use-only Buell motorcycle parts and race preparation services for engines and motorcycles, and the building and sale of Buell® 1125R-based race-use-only motorcycles under license from Harley-Davidson, as well as providing technical support to racers of Buell motorcycles.

“I’m looking forward to helping Buell racers keep their bikes flying,” said Erik Buell. “We’ve got some exciting race development projects in the works and it will mean a lot to me personally to see Buell racers competing for wins and championships in the 2010 season and beyond.”

“I’m pleased that Harley-Davidson is assisting Erik in establishing this business to continue supporting the racing efforts he has had so much passion for over the years,” said Buell President and COO Jon Flickinger. “Harley-Davidson and the Buell Motorcycle Company will always be proud of their affiliation with Erik, and we wish him well in this new endeavor to support Buell racers.”

Erik Buell Racing will be based in East Troy, Wisconsin and will be staffed by Erik Buell and a veteran team of personnel. For more information, after December 1, 2009, contact:
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

2. Remove Advertisements

surrey bc
    2009 buell xb12Ss
    Very cool , now if he could get his bikes to compete in the proper classes

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Took his time. Nice one
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    I think will have him beat... should not have used lousy harley engines and went right for ducs or RC51s.

special version of the incomparable
    ..Revolution* engine
    180hp of supercharged American Muscle
    • Innovative BiMetal composite beam frame
    • Sleek European flavor design
    • Performance without compromise
    • Road or track
    • World class motorcycle components
    • Proudly handcrafted in the USA
    • A true American thoroughbred superbike
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

2012 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    I think will have him beat... should not have used lousy harley engines and went right for ducs or RC51s.
    thread jack:
    maybe mr Roehrich ought to have learned from Buell and gone to Rotax straight off?

and back to mr Buell, good on him, over all those years. i was never quite an unreserved fan of his bikes, but i admire boldness and obsessiveness, and Erik had those in spades. too bad he couldn't find another investor to pick up the pieces of Buell motorcycles and to continue production... the 'big brains' at H-D have already had their heads turned (and their wallets emptied) by MV Augusta / Cagiva... they certainly don't need two sportbike brands... they can't even understand ONE....

i wondered if this meant Danny Eslick might get another run at defending the AMA Daytona Sportbike championship on a Buell, but it turns out he's gonna ride a Suzuki:

despite the obvious disparity between an 1125cc american bike running against 600cc japanese 4s, there was, in hindsight, a whole lot of great racing that took place - good TV! i hope it continues next year - with Buells in the mix.
    (btw, i'm personally rooting for Martin Cardenas...)

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    who cares... harley's replaced buell with Hyosung. check it out at

it's all bullshit if you ask me.

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against
    I swear this is a repost...

Man the 1125R is a sweet lookin' machine:

Registered User Array
    BC, Canada
    I really like the look of the 1125CR

And the price they're blowing them out for makes it pretty attractive