2010 Yamahas Banned from Canadian Superbike

Thread: 2010 Yamahas Banned from Canadian Superbike

OLD,BOLD,RIDER...got it? Array theassassin_'s Avatar
    2007 GSXR 1000

2010 Yamahas Banned from Canadian Superbike

I received an Email from a friend back east containing this link. Seems that Colin Fraser is playing God again, seriously unpopular move. Back in the mid 90's roadracing was pretty sparsely supported and attended at Shannonville and no machines were banned. This is ridiculous. Just because Fraser's pockets aren't being lined by Yamaha they aren't allowed to compete. I hope all manufacturers defect and form their own series. Looks like "Big business" has finally come to Canadian Superbike: No love, just money.

Sometimes it'd be a suprise to find out who it is standing there beside you.....listening. What they hear may be entirely different.

2. Remove Advertisements

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Taking his ball and going home.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Kamloops B.C.
    A black one
    Nevermind the Corporation. Talk about shitting all over Privateers that are geared up to buy 2010 Yamahas. What a dumbfuck. Even back when he was doing that Motorcycling show on TSN I thought he was a schmo.
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

To torque or not? Array CaribooBC's Avatar
    100 Mile House
    94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 86 NS400R and 98 R1100S
    Too much DMG blood in his body. This will screw up Canadian racing even more than the AMA (DMG) series. To ban a bike just because the manufacturer does not have the finances to support the series will lead to a "Spec" series with everyone on the same bike. This is so boring (like NASCAR!). I enjoy watching racing because of the machinery and the differences between the machines as much as observing the talent of the riders. I hope the other manufacturers also pull funding from this series and someone with some integrity set up an alternative series.
    There are only 4 scheduled weekends of racing next year, not even going to be an event at Shannonville.
    This is also a clear case of extortion. You don't sponsor the series your bikes will be banned and you will sell fewer bikes, so you pay up or else.
    We should all contact TSN and their advertisers and say we will not watch the Superbike series on TSN next year because we want to see Yamahas racing.
    86 Honda NS400R Bone stock, 94 Ducati 900 SS CR Hot Rod, 98 BMW R1100S The Bagger.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    If the other manufacturers are assisting by paying to race, why not Yamaha as well? You have to admit there is a lot less money and fewer participants in Canada, everyone who wants to race helps costs and supports the business by helping foot the bill.

It doesn't seem fair but that's true about a lot of things in life. Too bad it had to come to this.
    The difference between you and me .........

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
    There are only 4 scheduled weekends of racing next year, not even going to be an event at Shannonville.
    And the Calgary round is very, very iffy - the lease issues with Race City and the City of Calgary have not been ironed out.

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

06 R6 race, 09 R1 street
    They are alowing the older R6 just not '10 but no R1's period
    Team Sidewayz Racing
    WMRC Expert #56
    RC51 SP-2 sponsored by...

Mspeed performance
    West Coast Superbike School
    Automation One