Ceramic coated exhausts protect panniers and pillions

Thread: Ceramic coated exhausts protect panniers and pillions

Blue 2008 R1

Ceramic coated exhausts protect panniers and pillions

Many of today’s sport bikes feature high, exposed pipes and exhaust systems that are routed close to the rear seat. Zircotec says its coating keeps the pipes cool enough to prevent damage to panniers or injury to your passenger should they touch the pipes. Zircotec has a track record of developing and supplying ceramic coatings for car manufacturers and motorsport teams, and is looking to expand their market to everyday motorcyclists. Once applied, the coating acts as a thermal barrier and keeps the outside surface of the exhaust cool.
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BCSB # 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937. ..

2. Remove Advertisements

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    I've seen a couple of ceramic coated pipes, they still get damn hot. Not as hot as stock, but you still can't put your hand on them at all.
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Danger Zone!
    I had that done to some R65 pipes years ago when the blueing was starting to rust. They called it Plasma spraying back then but same idea. Only plain alloy silver though, no fancy dyes.

They did still get hot though.

Registered User Array stevo911_'s Avatar
    05 DRZ400SM
    it depends on the quality of the coating you get, but some of them are pretty amazing how much they reduce the temperature. My DC header on my car was coated inside and outside by a shop in seattle by the previous owner, after a long driver or a few laps around the autocross track you could still pop the hood and put your hand right on the header.

Back in the saddle Array canuckerstone's Avatar
    Ninja ZX7R
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAlien View Post
    I"d like that on my headers. Black em out.
    '02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

They're professionals when it comes to emptying a pocket book so if you decide to go that route remember that you are not paying them to be with you.

You're paying them to leave.