Techmount GPS holder

Thread: Techmount GPS holder

Techmount GPS holder

Am considering the Stem mount unit for a Garmin Nuvi GPS unit or else a RAM stem mount. I prefer the clean looks and simplicity of the Techmount so am leaning towards it. Quick question as my GPS is down in the car; is there an industry standard bolt pattern on the back of these GPS units that would let me bolt it directly onto the stem mount or would I still need an adapter that clips on to the unit before mounting it to the stem cell mount? The link below is for the Techmount in question.

2. Remove Advertisements

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    I have two Techmount units, one for the radar detector and one for the GPS. For the radar detector I just have velcro glued on the mount and detector, works great.

For the GPS I found that the holes on the plate more or less matched with the holes on the mount for the Garmin Base I have for the GPS60 CSx. I don't think there is an "industry standard" but this worked fine for me.

You can also deal direct with Techmount at

that is what I did, you can also call and talk to them at (866) 341-4192, very approachable and likely they can answer your specific question if you call them..
    Last edited by silverD; 12-27-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

New West
    FYI - No industry standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **