"Stunt Bikes"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Stunt Bikes"

Registered User Array STORMTROOPER's Avatar
    Bike
    04&06 CBR600RR STUNT BIKES

"Stunt Bikes"

myself and alot of my friends ride "stunt" bikes. full titles, insured, and for the most part fully legal. i say for the most part because from the last little talking to we got from a officer at cypress technically all of your bikes are illegal from some d.o.t stand point as well. this guy gave us a crazy list i never would have thought of and probably 99% of people would never get ticketed for, but could.

my question i guess is as an officer, if you see a "stunt" bike riding around on city streets do we throw up more of red flags?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    I'd say Yes, on the red flag.....first time I saw one, I was thinking STOLEN bike....rusty chunks of metal welded on it, lack of mirrors and signal lights....broken fairings (what's left of them).

Sure you can make one legal, but to a rookie cop who just happens to catch a glimpse of one, for sure it's gonna toss the red flag up there.

I've seen a couple of really nicely done up one (Lenzin's 636) and Zales 600RR.

Looks good

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...506839635.html

Looks Bad

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...507005699.html

streets belong 2 us Array Incantation's Avatar
    Bike
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750
    it would make sense that any bike set up for a specific purpose would be more likely to be ridden for that purpose on streets or off. having said that i never get pulled over and i see and pass or am passed by cops downtown all the time, although my stunt bike is better set up and more minty than most race and street bikes

LEO Array
    Bike
    Kawi
    Quote Originally Posted by STORMTROOPER View Post
    myself and alot of my friends ride "stunt" bikes. full titles, insured, and for the most part fully legal. i say for the most part because from the last little talking to we got from a officer at cypress technically all of your bikes are illegal from some d.o.t stand point as well. this guy gave us a crazy list i never would have thought of and probably 99% of people would never get ticketed for, but could.

my question i guess is as an officer, if you see a "stunt" bike riding around on city streets do we throw up more of red flags?
    Red Flag?

If the bike looks good - No

If the bike looks like it's busted up - Yes.

However I would suggest that most police officers wouldn't even realize they are looking at a "stunt" bike.
    Last edited by AskACop; 01-03-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    We had the Vic police walk into SG Power and show some Rookies the bikes, they were telling them about Mudflaps, Reflectors, showing them different tail light configurations.

It was so when they saw a bike, they were somewhat educated on the topic. I was actually impressed they did that. Quite a few of their members ride street and dirt bikes.

Registered User Array takin namez's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    I'm thinking if you are on a clean bike ,stunter or not ,and there is a lot of clean stunt bikes ,then the cops will look at you as a heat score anyway

If your on a clapped on junk pile in a tshirt and shorts that would seem like a red flag instead of a tidy bike with all its lights with a guy with some gear on .

could be wrong

LEO Array
    Bike
    Kawi
    Quote Originally Posted by AskACop View Post
    Red Flag?

If the bike looks good - No

If the bike looks like it's busted up - Yes.

However I would suggest that most police officers wouldn't even realize they are looking at a "stunt" bike.
    And I should add, they wouldn't realize they are looking at a "stunt" bike, but instead be thinking "you is this miscreant hooligan on this motorcycle?"

Has to do with the whole stunt rider "look". It's not quite Vstrom's and Fieldsheer........

Bike
    wow this is real...you make judgement on people on how they look? or what there bike may look like?

Bike
    wow this is real...you make judgement on people on how they look? or what there bike may look like?
    with your little thread here, do you actually talk to your peers about what you talk about on here? show them at work? park in the alley and hit up bcsportbikes real quick to view the forum?

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    It's human nature. Do your best not to stand out and it will serve you well.

hahaha Please tell me this post was sarcastic!! hahaha

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by AskACop View Post
    Has to do with the whole stunt rider "look". It's not quite Vstrom's and Fieldsheer........
    .....music to my ears.....
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike

Where does this guy work ???

Or have you Judged him to be homeless ?? Yes you did.

This look like a stolen bike?

or does this one?

It takes the average human about 2 seconds to judge what they see.

Registered User Array paintballpaulie's Avatar
    Bike
    XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    I'd say Yes, on the red flag.....first time I saw one, I was thinking STOLEN bike....rusty chunks of metal welded on it, lack of mirrors and signal lights....broken fairings (what's left of them).

Sure you can make one legal, but to a rookie cop who just happens to catch a glimpse of one, for sure it's gonna toss the red flag up there.

I've seen a couple of really nicely done up one (Lenzin's 636) and Zales 600RR.

Looks good

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...506839635.html

Looks Bad

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...507005699.html
    THANKS FOR SAYING THAT FIRST BIKE LOOKS GOOD

PS: the green stuntbike looks pretty f-ing sweet & the black, fairingless, acerbis headlited VTR1000 looks not that bad.
    Last edited by paintballpaulie; 01-08-2010 at 02:54 PM.

LEO Array
    Bike
    Kawi
    with your little thread here, do you actually talk to your peers about what you talk about on here? show them at work? park in the alley and hit up bcsportbikes real quick to view the forum?
    Nope - Don't really talk to them about it. Have I hit up the website while working - Sure have - but you would have to understand my current position - which I won't elaborate on - why it affords me time to do that.''

And as for my "Hooligan" rider comment - it's half in jest and half serious.

Some people call it "risking out", some call it "hunches" some call it "experience" some call it "profiling". Depending on who you talk to, each has it's own pros/cons.

People are visual - we rely on our sense of "sight" far more than any other. As such, when a police officer is rolling around - they are going to investigate something that seems "odd".

You get a 40 year old cop - who sees 3 vehicles in front of him;
    1) 70 year old women - 2005 Silver 4 door Chevrolet Cavalier
    2) 45 year old male - wearing hard hat in 2000 Black Chevrolet Silverado with tools in back
    3) Modified street fighter stunt bike flat black with red, plate semi hidden, wearing a hoody, and helmet with skull on it.

Who do you think the cop is going to "focus" on? Deal with it - that is life. People are evaluated on their "looks".

And before anyone get's all high and mighty on your soap box - EVERYONE does it - be it who you think is "hot", or what YOU think other professions do. PEE WEE is very correct.

You see an 70 year old man with a 25 year old stunning blonde with huge breasts - do you think "ah isn't that sweet, that nice mans grand-daughter is taking her grandfather out for a walk..."

Or

You see two men walking out of Celebrities in Vancouver give each other hugs, and then a kiss on the cheek - What's is your first thought?

Being on Both ends of the spectrum Rider/Cop. Unfortunately many motorcyclists (except for the Goldwing crowd?!?) have ruined the "safe" image to police officers.

Where it becomes an issue - is if the ONLY thing you are stopping/harassing a person for is the way they look.
    Last edited by AskACop; 01-09-2010 at 12:57 PM.