head work

Thread: head work

Registered User Array
    Bike
    02 GSX 750

head work

have a 02 gsxr750. was thinking of getting headwork done. anyone know a good place to go? maybe some costs? is it worth it for the performance? thanks alot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    There's a lot of things you can do in the head. What kind of headwork are you looking to do? What are you trying to accomplish from it? How much performance do you want?

Have you done all the basic power-adders? Power commander/ECU tune, exhaust/pipe, air filter, etc...

Bike
    The Mighty One
    It's a tough motor to improve. The basics would be a pipe and re-map on the dyno. After that, you're getting into the engine. I'd do a big bore before doing a lot of head work but if you want to stick with pump gas, even that is quite a bit of money for a few horsepower. It's WAY cheaper to just sell it and buy a GSXR1000 if she's feeling a little slow.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    02 GSX 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin2 View Post
    There's a lot of things you can do in the head. What kind of headwork are you looking to do? What are you trying to accomplish from it? How much performance do you want?

Have you done all the basic power-adders? Power commander/ECU tune, exhaust/pipe, air filter, etc...
    yup done all that, havnt tuned on the dyno yet, maybe do that first and see what i get.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    02 GSX 750
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    It's a tough motor to improve. The basics would be a pipe and re-map on the dyno. After that, you're getting into the engine. I'd do a big bore before doing a lot of head work but if you want to stick with pump gas, even that is quite a bit of money for a few horsepower. It's WAY cheaper to just sell it and buy a GSXR1000 if she's feeling a little slow.
    ive done that. re-geared it the only thing i havnt done yet is tuned on the dyno with my powercommand. think maybe ride it one year and buy a new gsxr. the bike is in no way slow, there is always one more thing to do to it. thanks.

Bike
    06' gsxr 1000 race
    I raced that bike stock and finally got a 1000. Gixxstar is right. Once you do engine work, you'll also need to freshen up the motor. Plus long distances on that motor will not be good for it. I bought an 06 gixxer which you can find on 13x site for $5,000 Cdn. Keep the thou stock and it's almost maintenance free.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    02 GSX 750
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
    I raced that bike stock and finally got a 1000. Gixxstar is right. Once you do engine work, you'll also need to freshen up the motor. Plus long distances on that motor will not be good for it. I bought an 06 gixxer which you can find on 13x site for $5,000 Cdn. Keep the thou stock and it's almost maintenance free.
    is putting a 1000 header on worth it? just have a slip-on on rightnow. heard some guys doing that.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    The 1000 header is titanium. As far as any gains go beyond the possible weight reduction I don't know. Just bolting it on won't likely do anything as far as power goes. I'd say that a re-map on a dyno would be your next step.

Bike
    06' gsxr 1000 race
    Be a man and sell the 750. Haha. The diff is huge. Let me tell you the numbers don't mean anything but riding the difference is huge. The 07-08 gixxer is no where as good as the 05-06 model from what I've read. The 09 is supposed to be great but price is a factor I understand. You don't need to add anything to the 1000. You're gonna have to continually fiddle with the 750. I have a stock 1000 and beat the shit out of the new BMW at a test in Spain.