BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Arai XD-3 or Shoei Multitec Modular?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  rgm 
#1 ·
I suppose i should get a new helmet after a lowside last year. which one would you choose? anyone have any experience with either one?

#9 ·
i say go with the shoei. in just a quick glimpse at looking at sportbikes and dual sports/dirtbikes. i quickly realized why the helmets are different.

sportbikes have a windsheild. dirt bikes do not. thats why their helmets have a visor. to redirect the wind. keep in mind their top speed is no near sportbikes but still need aerodynamics to keep them hauling ass... i may be wrong but i would go try it on and sit on it and take a picture... just to make sure you dont look like a douche..

#10 ·
Try the Nexx X-30 if you are looking at flip-ups. I bought one a few weeks back and it's great. Built in flip down tinted visor too! They have a few left at Vespa Surrey.

#11 ·
I got the shoei ... great helmet, super comfortable, good visibility. Really functional, good build quality (re: doesn't feel cheap), really easy to switch visors in and out ...
That being said, you need one in an XXL? Mine's gathering dust cause I went poser stylez and got the new Boxer V8 when I was overseas ...

#12 ·
Unlike the people speculating in this thread, I have experience with the XD-3. The visor is the most important part of that helmet, doesn't blow around at speeds under 150 (if you average above that then it's not for you) and keeps the sun out of your face. It's comfortable beyond belief, and you never have to change visors. It's a little louder than my RF-1000 (quietest helmet I've owned) but less fatiguing to wear.

With earplugs it's the most perfect helmet I've ever owned.

No experience with the multitec but I believe the flip up function would serve me well, but I'll never own another helmet without a peak.

#13 ·
Thanks J_scott, my average is limit + 20 anyways. just kinda weird looking with leathers and stuff. i might just stick with the shoei.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.