Where to look

Thread: Where to look

Registered User Array
    Team Green

Where to look

Other than buysell.com, classifieds here on bcsportbikes.com, the buysell paper, and dealerships where else can I look for an used bike.

Oh yeah, I'm new to the sport and board. Looking to buy an used bike (92-94) in the coming month. Still need to get my learner's, riding lessons, and gear too.

2. Remove Advertisements

One of the AutoTrader type papers has a bike specific section. Aside from that, I think you've pretty well covered it.

Good hunting!

2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Take your time, research all the above, and that way when it comes time to buy, you will have a better idea of what a fair price is.
    I usually suggest to people that they take a school first, and then go and blow the bank. Make sure you're really into the whole deal.
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

DO IT!

Been riding since 1985 Array philtag6000's Avatar
    Coming soon
    FIRST, pick a few bikes that you like, then do a research on it like price, engine size cc, pros and cons about this bike. SECOND, do a research on insurance too, because there is a huge difference between a 400cc and down and 401cc and up. I've been riding for almost 20 yrs, I started with 150cc, 500 intercepter, 600 ninja (89 brand new), 89 CBR 600, and back to a 2000 Ninja 250 because insurance is much cheaper.
    History of bikes:

(1) '85 Honda Elite 150cc
    (2) '84 Honda Interceptor 500cc
    (3) '89 Kawasaki Ninja 600cc
    (4) '89 Honda Hurricane 600cc
    (5) '00 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc
    (6) '02 Honda CBR600F4i
    (7) '04 Suzuki Burgman 400cc

Welcome to the boards, Lucky!!!

The Wet Coast
    1966 CCM
    Welcome to the board
    Pick a bike you like and get on a mailing list that deals with that type of bike...list members are usually very helpfull as to what to watch for....besides, you will make friends from all over the world....
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Lower Mainland
    2000 R6

My advice...listen to actionmechanic's advice.