I love riding in leathers!!!

Thread: I love riding in leathers!!!

Bike
    2000 R6

I love riding in leathers!!!

Today was the first time I went for a ride in my full leathers. Prior to today, I'd usually just wear my Bellstaff textile and a pair of jeans. I've worn the jacket on it's own, but due to it's florescent orange colour (see my gallery), I thought the jacket AND pants might be too much for the street.

All I can say is, I'll be wearing more leather from now on! I loved how it hugs the body (no loose clothing flapping in the wind), was pre-curved for the riding position, and most of all...gave me that added sense of security/safety with the armour from shoulders to ankles and that second-set-of-skin feeling that only leather can give you. Sure, I may look (and ride) like a human pylon on two wheels , but do I ever feel protected. Added safety feature...every driver I rode by couldn't help but see me!

Having said that, I'll probably pick up a less 'bold' colour for my next suit. I don't like people looking at me all the time...

Twas a great day for a ride!
    Last edited by Xander; 02-24-2003 at 04:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    THAT'S the pylon I saw today!

"Damn fast pylon" I said to myself...

BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    Mfg by "Big-Red"
    .........yeppers! ain't nothin like leather to protect and cut thru the wind when riding. It does invoke confidence, albeit, not TOO much I hope (heh, heh) At any rate, bring on weather like this every day as it was absolutely GORGEOUS out!! Here's to spring being warm and sunny all the way to summer (hmmmmm, summer!) Hope those who have ins got to enjoy today.......it was glorious!
    **Dojo of Oriental Wizardry**
    **Bushido spoken here**

Bike
    98 Suzuki TLS
    Nice leathers! The brighter and more conspicuous the better! What's more about wearing leathers is the added confidence it gives you when riding.

Personally, I love getting the looks when I'm all decked out. The kids always wave from their parents' minivans
    I love my squared off tyres. Torque rules.

Jason R
    Having leathers on makes some people laugh if your walking around cause they don't know what to think of that crazy space suit. But when your on your bike people are like whoa that guy or girl for that matter means busness. You get alot more respect from the law too. I love having my leathers on.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by Jason R
    But when your on your bike people are like whoa that guy or girl for that matter means busness...
    I love that my leathers are all wrecked up...people look at me and think, "Whoa, that guy likes to crash."

What's more about wearing leathers is the added confidence it gives you when riding.
    Just a warning about that...this confidence it gives you isn't always a good thing.

BTW, nice suit Xander!
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    1966 CCM
    In full leathers....I would look like a Python that ate someone
    Iím not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors donít believe I invented the chocolate ťclair. But I did. Iím going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and Iíll kill you last!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Gone
    I got my leathers in the off season and haven't ridden in them yet. I planned on it today and insuerd my bike but it didn't feel like starting. But I can't wait till tomorrow.

Bike
    2000 R6
    Thanks for the compliments guys!

Yes, it does invoke confidence, but for me, only in the sense that my body is safer in case of an unintentional dismount.

I still like to think I know my skill level and my limits, and know well enough not to ride beyond them.

Re people staring/laughing, etc...in the end, those who ride (like y'all ) know what its all about. Those who laugh, just don't know what they're missing.

Bike
    Awesome stuff Xander.

You will make Dat very proud.
    Rage. Its my drug of choice.

Bike
    2000 R6
    Originally posted by Mischa
    Awesome stuff Xander.

You will make Dat very proud.
    I can only hope that one day, I can achieve a fraction of his skillz.

Dat = Master
    Xander = Grasshopper