Checkpoint Yahama - Tires Changed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Checkpoint Yahama - Tires Changed

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Pedal Bike

Thumbs down Checkpoint Yahama - Tires Changed

Hello,

I had some new tires put on a bike I recently bought. I bought some new tires over the internet and brought my bike to Checkpoint to get them mounted.

My bike rolled in at 10:30 and I paid for my bill at 11:36. Now, they charged me 190 dollars for one hours labor. That's total BS and I'm angry . I spoke to the main guy Bob and he said he can't do anything. Apparently, they charge 1 hour and 45 minutes labor for changing tires.

What can I do here, I'm not going to pay for labor I didn't get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2002 yzf 600r
    Didn't you get a quote before they did the work? Dealers charge book value for labour. Go to EMS next time.
    This Is Going To Hurt A Little Bit

http://www.essentialmotorcycleservices.ca/

Doesn't help you this time, but next time...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Pedal Bike
    Last time I had my tires changed at Carter in Coquitlam and they charged me 90 dollars plus taxes... I figured it would be the same.

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    $20 per wheel at 5th Gear if you bring in your wheels. Can't remember exactly what they charge if you just ride the bike in but its very reasonable IMO.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Wow, what a rip. I live just down the street and have gone to Checkpoint a few times and always noticed their ridiculous prices. Any normal shop will change your tires for ~$80, if not less... And it sure as hell does not take 1hour and 45 minutes to change tires. I'd be seriously pissed if they told me that. You shouldn't have to pay for their inaptitude.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    Orca Bay charges 75 dollars with wheel on the bike.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Pedal Bike
    I'm thinking of just taking it up with my credit-card company. I've always hated checkpoint and now I hate them more. I thought or going to Orca Bay since their close to my house too, but my new bike is a Yamaha so I decided to take it to the dealer.

The guy in the service department told me that they win on some bikes and other they lose out. Apparently, some bikes are harder to change tires on then others.

Bike
    06 R6 race, 09 R1 street
    flat rate isn't that much, wow!
    bad for business
    Team Sidewayz Racing
    WMRC Expert #56
    RC51 SP-2 sponsored by...

Mspeed performance
    JFC STEEL
    West Coast Superbike School
    Automation One

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp0oon
    they charged me 190 dollars for one hours labor
    wow, even if they used rube that's still gotta sting!
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    05 F4i

Bayside

I just had a front tire put on today at Bayside. I like them more and more all the time. Never any complaints.

After I bought tires from them they dropped the price another $20 on their site. They honored that by installing the front for $15 today. They're even storing the rear tire until I need it put on too.

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    Quote Originally Posted by sp0oon View Post
    I'm thinking of just taking it up with my credit-card company. I've always hated checkpoint and now I hate them more. I thought or going to Orca Bay since their close to my house too, but my new bike is a Yamaha so I decided to take it to the dealer.

The guy in the service department told me that they win on some bikes and other they lose out. Apparently, some bikes are harder to change tires on then others.
    they must have some pretty shifty mechanics then. an hour longer for "harder wheels". thats bullshit.
    Last edited by 125cbr rider; 02-16-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Tachyon Rider Array artlovingbiker's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 Vmax 1200cc & 2011 GSXR 750cc
    Checkpoint Yamaha has good mechanics, and they are very good! But their labour is very expensive compare to other dealerships and shops.

When I took my gixxer to Orcabay for a sheduled maintenance/oil change, it was about $170. Then I took my Vmax for the same service to Checkpoint, it was about $380. They did a solid job, but it was too expensive!

I think Checkpoint's 1 hr labour is almost equal to 2 hrs labour from other shops... So I guess every shop has different rates.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 gsxr 600 race
    the flat rate for labour from most oem manufacture is 1.5 hrs on a sport bike. of course sometimes it takes less time sometimes it takes more. would you rather have had the mechanic leave it on his bench or leave it in the back for another 30 mins so you felt like you got your monies worth? A newbie mechanic may take 2 hrs but they would not likly charge you for the extra. you would likly get your rim all scatched up too if you were using a newer mechanic. be happy you got your bike back faster then you thought and in the same shape as you left it in.
    Last edited by the newf; 02-16-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Bike
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    lol.. another reason to buy your rubber local and start developing a relationship with a shop.. shop's are less likely to rape you if they know , like and recognize a bit of loyalty!

Adrenalin Co-op in Victoria is a prime example.. Pay your yearly membership fee... no haggle parts/labour discount, free tire mounting and you can even rent a lift and work on your ride with their tools for a very good rate (as i found out when i did my valves on my husky last weekend!)

anyhow.. sorry you got raped on the bill.. get a quote next time!