Anyone have experience with cordless Electric mowers

Thread: Anyone have experience with cordless Electric mowers

I am not Michael Jackson Array jako's Avatar
    Metro Vancouver
    Honda F4i

Anyone have experience with cordless Electric mowers

Spring is around the corner and the 10 year old mower has bite the dust. Would like see if I can go green without the hassles of dragging an electrical cord around.

anyone here have any experience with Cordless mowers? In particular, I was interested to see how strong they are and how long the charge is. I am concerned that electric mowers won't have the strength to chew through tall grass.

Costco, currently has a cordless mover for $300 and a gas powered Honda for $500. Tried to read specs on the electric and there wasn't much information.

Registered User Array smokeshow81's Avatar
    the only thing that works properly thats cordless that I've ever seen are remotes and phones. Even then they are prone to glitches and manufactures defects.

A cordless mower will bring you headaches I'm guessing. You wanna go green? get a push mower... the one that has the spinning barrel blades. you'll get a workout and cut your lawn efficently. After you can continue your workout by raking the clippings.

personally I'd just get the gas one. Try sears as the craftsman line is usually a safe bet. Dad's old mower is still goin 18yrs later and we've never had a hiccup. 1 sparkplug change 2 yrs ago when I took possession of it.
    Young Drivers of Canada - class 5
    Cyclelogics - class 6
    Benji's Driving School - class 1
    Find me on skype: shawn radakovich

the north
    sportbike... pfffft!
    i would put money on it that its a hunk of junk. electric mowers can barely cut tall grass, a battery one will be worse. i doubt the "green" advantage is worth the headache you will have trying to use a cordless one.

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    I can't see a cordless electric mower being very good in this climate
    where you have damp grass to mow quite a bit.

BUT, it's Costco. You can buy it, use it, and if you don't think you
    got good value, return it for a full refund. Give it a try... maybe it's

I wouldn't worry about the enviornmental benefit, you are polluting
    a hell of a lot more by riding a motorcycle than you are by buzzing
    the lawn a few times a month, 9 months a year.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    I'd get a good push mower. Quiet (can cut it whenever you want) and cuts the lawn well. My lawn is a little big, or that's what I'd get next.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    My wife has a cordless electric mower and she digs it. It's small, so I wouldn't recommend it for a lawn larger than 60x60 but it holds a charge well enough for three uses.

The nice thing about the size is that it stores well in a tight space, which in our garage is a single car garage with a car, two motorcycles, two bicycles and three storage cabinets. Don't ask me how I do it.

And heck, if it's from Costco, you can always use it for 6 years and then return it if you don't like it.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson