Stainless Steel Brake Line on 2007 600RR !?

Thread: Stainless Steel Brake Line on 2007 600RR !?

Token Angry Asian Array mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Repsol SP . CB599 - Hornet , Ducati M1200S

Stainless Steel Brake Line on 2007 600RR !?

I bought a set of stainless steel brake line for my 07 600RR during my trip down to the states. However when I came home to install it, i took a nicer look at my OEM brake line. It feels like it is already steel brake line !!!!!?????? Even though there are a thin rubber coating on the outside, it feels like its steel in side ? ( IS THAT CORRECT? )

Because if it is...i need to return it FAST !!!

btw this is the brake line i bought

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...R--636343.html
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    I had those Goodridge lines on my ZRX, they're fine, EMS installed them for me.

I don't think your 600rr comes with braided lines, not many bikes do.

In my experience, I felt no difference when I installed them....the EBC HH pads made a massive difference, but the lines alone, no.

For older bikes, or guys who REALLY use the brakes hard, like track days or racing, they may feel the difference, average street rider, not likely....they look great though, and they will last longer than rubber.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Token Angry Asian Array mr.ping's Avatar
    Bike
    Fireblade Repsol SP . CB599 - Hornet , Ducati M1200S
    well the one i bought is also BLACK ! so it doesn't add to the look. In fact i purposely bought the black one because i like the clean OE look.
    "BTW, How do you say "In the name of Bhudda, get the fuck out of the left lane" in Mandarin and Cantonese? "- OneTrack

for the crumpet I suppose Array
    Bike
    2008 ZX10r street, 2009 ZX6r race, KTM 300 XC-W dirt.

Info Here

General info on SS brake lines:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Brake_Lines

Automotive application.

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I had those Goodridge lines on my ZRX, they're fine, EMS installed them for me.

I don't think your 600rr comes with braided lines, not many bikes do.

In my experience, I felt no difference when I installed them....the EBC HH pads made a massive difference, but the lines alone, no.

For older bikes, or guys who REALLY use the brakes hard, like track days or racing, they may feel the difference, average street rider, not likely....they look great though, and they will last longer than rubber.
    If you have a new bike, you will rarely feel the difference. I don't like them on new bikes, too sensitive for stop and go traffic for me.
    I wouldn't put them on the back brake unless the stock ones were cracking. Even then, I think I'd buy a stock one!
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Yep, the stock lines on any sportbike made in the last 10 years are far better than they used to be. There really isn't any big advantage to swapping them anymore unless you wan't the skinny line look. The stockers are still pretty fat on that count.

Little fact, it's not the steel or kevlar braid that provides the firmer feel. Those braids are actually very flexible and do nothing but provide abrasion protection. And actually not even that anymore since all today's motorcycle lines have a plastic cover over the braid. The original use for braided lines was in aircraft where it was better for the stainless braid to protect the vital hose and let the braid actually wear a smooth spot into the aluminium that had the rough edge. Once there was a smooth spot the braid would not cut into the aluminium anymore. Instead it's actually the thicker wall and stiffer material for the center tube that gives you the upgrade in feel as it flexes less. From the feel of today's brakes I'd say that the OEM's have gotten the idea and are using the same sort of core pressure tube in their lines as the aftermarket aircraft lines are using.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.