1992 gsxr-750

Thread: 1992 gsxr-750

Registered User Array Son of Lars's Avatar
    Bike
    01 Honda RC51

1992 gsxr-750

1992 Suzuki GSXR-750. This is a watercooled Canadian market bike. I've owned it going on 4 years, and have put about 50000 trouble free km on it, always keeping on top of maintenance and repairs as needed. It is not a perfect bike, is ridden year round through rain, sleet, snow, hail, sunshine, whatever the Vancouver weather throws at me. It has never once failed to start, or left me on the side of the road. Even on the coldest of mornings(it is garage kept), it needs half choke, and fires up first time, every time.10 seconds warm up, and she's ready to ride away. She's an honest bike, hides nothing, and is ready to ride wherever you want to ride her. She is my daily transport to work, weekend fun machine, and frequent road trip companion in the summer.

The good stuff:

- Dead nuts reliable
    - Bridgestone BT016s installed last August
    - Chain and sprockets installed July(520 conversion, stock gearing)
    - Head bearings last spring
    - Forks serviced last August
    - EBC HH brake pads last September
    - Brake fluid is 2 weeks old(ATE DOT 4)
    - Motul 5100 oil and filter every 3000km since I've owned it
    - Rebuilt fuel petcock 2 weeks ago
    - Renthal grips last week
    - Hella +50 halogen bulbs last summer
    - New battery 2 seasons ago(Yuasa)
    - Full Yoshimura header and pipe(LOUD, but sounds great!)
    - Dyno Jet stage 1 jets installed along with carb service last summer
    - Valves adjusted last summer. When cover was off, cam chain was inspected, and looked like new. Inside of engine was spotless.
    - New plugs 3 weeks ago
    - Oil changed 2 weeks ago
    - Uses NO oil
    - Shifts perfectly

The not so good stuff:

- She has been lowsided twice. Once by me, once by previous owner. Both on left side, see pics for damage. Fairings mount fine, but are scarred.
    - Odometer reads 62000km. This could be 162000km, I really have no idea. She rides great and pulls hard, so I didn't really care either way
    - Rear suspension is soft. (Note that I'm 255lb, so it may be fine for you. haha)
    - Fuel mileage is only ok. If you're expected the mileage of a 250 Ninja, this is the wrong bike for you. They are thirsty. 14L goes about 130 km, before reserve, which is another 5L
    - Front brake rotors are worn. Doesn't pulsate or shimmy, stops on a dime, gives 9 cents change back.
    - Stock steering damper blew up last year, I never replaced it. Doesn't really need it.

Also comes with:

- Spare tail section/light
    - Spare right side main fairing
    - Both side small fairings
    - Headlight fairing stay
    - Original back seat, as well as solo cowl(pictured)
    - Spare carb jets and brand new emulsion tubes
    - 5 spare oil filters

Overall, this is an excellent bike, despite its slightly scarred appearance. She cleans up well, draws lots of compliments, and sounds like a proper Gixxer should sound. She pulls hard, shifts smooth, stops great, handles well, and sounds angry. This is not a beginners bike, has lots of grunt, 2 very distinct powerbands, and a snatchy throttle under 5000rpm. You must bring the revs up to get her moving. Remember that this bike was a race replica of it's era. Heavy, somewhat cumbersome at low speeds compared to today's 600's, and not as razor sharp as a new 600, either. But she is LOADED with character and soul, something missing from today's bikes.

The ONLY reason I'm selling, is that my knees cannot take the high peg position of this bike any longer. I'm 6'3", 255, and have done many a long day on it, but it's time for something roomier.

Thanks for taking the time to read the add, and feel free to email me to discuss viewing it. You won't be disappointed. Its priced to move, and ready to ride it home. Asking $2100 or reasonable offer.

Last edited by Son of Lars; 03-18-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added price.