March 20 Cypress and Seymour

Thread: March 20 Cypress and Seymour

You'd be surprised Array G Hats's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    2007 KTM Superduke 990

Post March 20 Cypress and Seymour

Hey guys,

just thought I would update you guys on the local mountain roads.

On saturday I had a chance to ride up both Cypress and Seymour.

Cypress was good, I rode up around 2:00pm. Roads were in pretty good shape, dry and clear. Gravel and sand was at a minimum, potholes were few and far between, but traffic was pretty heavy (people still trying to ski I guess). It got a bit cold at the top and I slowed down as the roads seemed slightly damper up high and snow on the side of the road. All in all, road is healthy and safe for the most part, especially on a dry day.

Seymour was later, around 4:30pm. Tar snakes are worse than ever, there were so many of them all over and they really make me nervous. Roads were dry and free of sand and gravel though, and there was only the odd pothole to watch out for. Cypress was better, but busier for traffic.

until next time...

2. Remove Advertisements

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S
    ya - unfortunately the Seymour road has gone to shit over these recent few years, and now defies any possibility of a truly sporting ride/pace ...

Bum deal on Seymour, I stopped riding it last year because of the tar snakes and overall crumminess of it. What a shame, 2 seasons ago I preferred it over Cypress hands down.... I'm looking forward to the overall upgrade of it all.... although it might be a heat score when that happens.... I might just take that risk.... why you ask? "'Cause I'm f%#%ing stupid, I don't give a @#$% about jail...that's my business (riding) that's what I do"

02 Busa outa Poco Array jefft78's Avatar
    02 Hayabusa
    I took a huge group of about 20 up there last year, seymore, that is, ans that road was the shits. Most of us agreed we would not go up there again.

2007 gsxr 750
    you all cry way to much about seymour its fine pick your lines and go if your dumb enough to ride in a tar snake well your a dumb ass

Lowside King Array guy_likewhoa's Avatar
    2007 Candy Red R6
    ^ you obviously haven't been up there lately.

Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    *** moved ***

This does not belong in ride reports. Please read the forum description.

Use General Sportbike.