2001 BMW Dakar

Thread: 2001 BMW Dakar

I'm hungry... Array tackle_me_2's Avatar
    BMW F800ST

2001 BMW Dakar

White with black graphics. Fuel injection. Factory original handguards and heated grips (hi/lo settings).

Kouba lowering link installed to lower the seat by 2”. Comes with original links too (not installed).

Lots of extras:
    -IMS pegs
    -BMW top case and luggage rack, same key as ignition
    -Happy Trails side luggage rack
    -Nelson Riggs saddle bags plus a duffel bag that connects to the saddle bags
    -BMW tank bag with map window
    -Factory original extra seat
    -Harley highway pegs
    -Engine guard
    -Fork covers
    -Front sprocket cover and master cylinder guard
    -K&N air filter
    -New gel battery
    -BMW accessory outlet
    -Pigtail outlet for non-BMW heated vests and battery tenders
    -BMW original centre stand
    -4 extra K&N oil filters
    -1 extra set of foot pegs (factory originals, not the IMS ones) and shift lever
    -BMW original tool kit and owners manual

Mileage: 24,815 miles

This is an awesome dual sport bike. It handles dirt/gravel like a champ. The upright position is very comfortable. The fuel tank is under the seat so the centre of gravity is low. The IMS pegs are comfortable to stand on, and the highway pegs let you cruise all day. Heated grips make winter riding enjoyable. The bike is set up for long trips up to Alaska or down to baja, or huge grocery runs. I lowered the bike because the original height was hard to handle for me (5’4”), but you can swap the links back to put it back to original height. At the lowered height, it’s very manageable for someone around 5’4”. The bike runs straight and smooth with absolutely no issues. Nothing needs to be done to this bike. Tires still have lots of life left. It’s ready to go. Extremely reliable, and very low maintenance.

I imported the bike from the US in 2007. I have all the papers and stickers for the importation. I’m the second owner. The previous owner was a mature gentleman, who took really good care of the bike. I’ve kept up the maintenance and have never dropped the bike.

The bike is in Vancouver BC.

Asking Price:

2. Remove Advertisements

I'm hungry... Array tackle_me_2's Avatar
    BMW F800ST
    Bike has been sold.