Dupont Chain Lube
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dupont Chain Lube

  1. #1
    Laguna 2010 Array Appledrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Bike
    2009 Ninja 250R

    Dupont Chain Lube

    Hi guys,

    Anyone know where I can pick this stuff up near the Sumas Border? Or is Bellingham my best bet?
    2009 Ninja 250R

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BC
    Bike
    None yet
    I bought mine at Lowe's in Bellingham. I think it was like 3 dollars a can?

    Can't say I'm impressed with it as a chain lube, and the manufacturer recommends reapplying it every 75 miles.. in motorcycle chain lube application. hmm, seems to last about that long. On a 800 km day trip, that is like 8 applications. Not going to happen with me.

    If you want I can sell you a can for like 5 bucks to try it. Some people seem to like it...but I think our gritty backroads here in BC aren't so good for it.

  4. #3
    Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    604
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Lowes in Bellingham is the closest IIRC.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

    ...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

  5. #4
    Registered User Array huck-jai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Bike
    yellow plastic ducky
    I've got an extra can if you're interested. Pm me.
    - '05 CBR 600RR

  6. #5
    ride a lot Array Maverik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    Z1000 07, SV650 04, CBR600 87, KZ440 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawndude View Post
    I bought mine at Lowe's in Bellingham. I think it was like 3 dollars a can?

    Can't say I'm impressed with it as a chain lube, and the manufacturer recommends reapplying it every 75 miles.. in motorcycle chain lube application. hmm, seems to last about that long. On a 800 km day trip, that is like 8 applications. Not going to happen with me.

    If you want I can sell you a can for like 5 bucks to try it. Some people seem to like it...but I think our gritty backroads here in BC aren't so good for it.
    I paid $5 at Lowes in Oregon. I don't know how you ride and how you apply that lube, but mine lasts at least for 500km with no rain.

    I'm very satisfied. I'd like to know if it's possible to get it around here?

  7. #6
    BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    I'd like to know if it's possible to get it around here?
    Nope, not sold in Canada. Lowes is the place to get it.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

  8. #7
    Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    lower mainland
    Bike
    Derbi
    bought mine at lowes
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

    Hang Thieves

  9. #8
    Laguna 2010 Array Appledrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Bike
    2009 Ninja 250R
    Thanks guys, I'll check with the two of you willing to sell me a can.
    2009 Ninja 250R

  10. #9
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Nope, not sold in Canada. Lowes is the place to get it.
    The last can I bought, was a little place in Hastings called "kerunts", I think they've moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  11. #10
    bollocks Array thrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Bike
    08 Albino 848
    I use it on my chain with great results, lube it every other commuting week or after a few rides in the rain.

  12. #11
    Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    The new bike shop in New West (6th gear?) sold the non-aerosol verion in a squeeze bottle.

    I normally get the cans at Lowes in Bellingham. I've got a few spare, I'd let one go for $5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •