gas tank has some play

Thread: gas tank has some play

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    07 zx6r

gas tank has some play

07 ninja zx6r

just got my bike back on the road
    and i noticed the gas tank has some play in it...i checked the bolts on the front of the tank and they are tight.

i took off the tank to tilt it...the play seems to be in the hinge part that lifts up but that bolt is tight too....

i had my VC done awhile back...otherwise my tank was not touched...does anyone else with an 07 ninja tank have a bit of seems that the 2 front gas tank bolts might be missing a spacer?? or my friend said that theres some kind of "rubber cup" or something between the tank and frame that could be missing...
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

2. Remove Advertisements

2009 Red Kawi Ninja 250r
    I have rubber spacers where my tank is bolted down plus it has a flat metal bar bridging the two bolts and also the front of my seat sits on top of it. Though it's already a dif bike...

But for your tank it should look like the following and I'm assuming there should be rubber spacers on the hinge bolts cause it does look like it.
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination...

Map of my Routes so far :D

New to this vlogging concept :)

Mission, BC
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    My last ninja had rubber spacers under the tank bolts, and I would often wiggle the tank at red lights for entertainment.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

1985 Yamaha RZ350, 1985 Kawasaki ZX750 GPZ
    ^^^ My 9R was the same way. Come to think of it, so was the old 750. Wouldn't be worried about it if I were you.

'85 Yamaha RZ350R

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
    My last ninja had rubber spacers under the tank bolts, and I would often wiggle the tank at red lights for entertainment.
    Did you wiggle along with it?? That I would pay money to see!! Yeah the tanks are rubber isolated at the front and the rear pivot has give so the tank can be raised and lowered with either a full or empty tank so the tank kinda free floats.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!