Fingers too long

Thread: Fingers too long

Squirt! Array
    Bike
    2002 Monster

Fingers too long

Recently I bought a nice new set of higher-end gloves. They fit pretty nicely in the store when I could pull them all the way on and the finger length seemed good. After a few rides however with all that throttle twisting and lever grabbing, they seem to settle on my hand a bit differently. The palm is in exactly the right spot but now the fingers seem about half an inch too long. Perhaps these gloves were made for concert pianists rather than someone with stubby sausage fingers like myself. Can the finger length be modified with decent results or am I going to be stuck taking an 80% loss in trying to sell someone my used sweat mitts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2009 Red Kawi Ninja 250r
    Happened with mine also I have a bit of slack on the fingers. Don't worry too much cause when you are riding you only really grip with your palm area. Unless the leather's have a good extra length they will still function perfectly fine. Only real solution is next time get gloves where the finger length is short so you can stretch them out.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination...

Map of my Routes so far :D

New to this vlogging concept :)

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    I had the same problem with a pair of Alpinestars GP Pro gloves. I had an extra inch in the pinkies, and half inch everywhere else, except the thumb was perfect. It was sloppy, and only got worse. Constantly jamming my fingers toegther to try and cinch them up.

Solution: Literally pulled over at a cobbler, walked in with my gloves on, he marked each glove finger with a white grease pen, sewed each one and cut off the extra. All this while I waited. Didn't even take my helmet off. Charged me $10, and its been 2 years and never had a problem with them.

Your gloves will look kinda weird if you leave them on the table for someone to take a close look at, but they feel custom when you wear them.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    2003 CR250
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post

I had an extra inch in the pinkies, and half inch everywhere else.

It was sloppy, and only got worse.

Sewed each one and cut off the extra. All this while I waited. Didn't even take my helmet off.

For someone to take a close look at, they feel custom when you wear them.
    I had this problem too

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/at...1&d=1271604067

Squirt! Array
    Bike
    2002 Monster
    Excellent. Off the the cobbler then.