Music and Helmets
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music and Helmets

Registered User Array noodling12's Avatar
    Bike
    '00 SV650S

Music and Helmets

... what do you guys use for listening to music while riding ?

I've tried the earplug thing... but when i put my helmet on and off, it always gets caught and if it doesn't fit properly, you can't exactly reach in and adjust it.

Any suggestions on built in speakers that you just plug into the helmet or bluetooth ones ? anyone have any specific make/models they could suggest ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2008 ZX14
    I use a Cardo Scala rider. It's useful for calls and fm radio. However, since I got my akra exhaust, I haven't been listening to the radio for some reason.

Bike
    2005 Hondabago
    For in-ear the cheapest options seems to be enymotics er6i. There's another forum post about removing the body of ipod headsets and inserting the driver into earplugs.

There's many in-helmet flat speakers you can use as long as they don't put pressure on your ears.
    Look not for happiness around the corner. Happiness is the corner. IBA#42642

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    Personally I just use JVC marshmellow ear buds. They are the earbud alone with just wires no plastic 1" long nub off the bud, so they don't get bumped when putting them on. They also fit like an ear plug, you squish them and they expand in your ear, so you don't have to crank the music to hear it plus you can still hear the street noise just slightly diminished. I got mine at Winners for $10 and I've been looking for a replacement pair but I've only seen them now for $30 at electronic stores.
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    IMC helmet speakers are the tits!! I used them for a few seasons before switching to EarFuze noise canceling buds. I do have to wear a helmet slick though to stop them and my ears from being torn off when putting on and taking off my helmet. The IMC speakers didn't require the slick.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Registered User Array smokeshow81's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking
    I've got the skull candy ASYM's. have a flat design that makes them easy with helmets. super comfy... 60buxs at bestbuy
    Young Drivers of Canada - class 5
    Cyclelogics - class 6
    Benji's Driving School - class 1
    Find me on skype: shawn radakovich

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 sv1000s / 2007 GSXR750
    for short rides skull candy for long road trips Chatter box X1BT LOVE IT amazing I have my radar my Iphone tunes hooked up my buddies and I can talk about pit stops or what ever plus my gf is plugged in too.

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    Quote Originally Posted by snowshark84 View Post
    Personally I just use JVC marshmellow ear buds. They are the earbud alone with just wires no plastic 1" long nub off the bud, so they don't get bumped when putting them on. They also fit like an ear plug, you squish them and they expand in your ear, so you don't have to crank the music to hear it plus you can still hear the street noise just slightly diminished. I got mine at Winners for $10 and I've been looking for a replacement pair but I've only seen them now for $30 at electronic stores.
    +100 for JVC Marshmallows. mine have been working for over a year now. and they even come with a second set of removable cushions. I only ride with the left one in. I love having half music and half sound of my exxxzooost.

Registered User Array 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    Bike
    Only U see my ride
    I hum to myself when riding!

Learning the hard way. Array skroonk's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplekawi View Post
    IMC helmet speakers are the tits!! I used them for a few seasons before switching to EarFuze noise canceling buds. I do have to wear a helmet slick though to stop them and my ears from being torn off when putting on and taking off my helmet. The IMC speakers didn't require the slick.
    +1 for IMC

http://www.imc-motorcom.com/content/...04&language=en
    WLF
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube ~ Hunter S Thompson.
    RideInPeace #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010) ~ First Moto2 Legend.

bonafide hedonist Array baboon's ass's Avatar
    Bike
    06 k6, 08 cbr1000rr
    shure in ear phones, a real symphony on wheels. the nice thing about it is that it blocks/isolate the sound from my exhaust so i don't have to crank up the volume to compensate for the exhaust's sound. saving my ear drums 2x. you just have to find the foams the will exactly fit in your ear canal.
    06 k6
    08 cbr1000rr

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by taziam View Post
    for short rides skull candy for long road trips Chatter box X1BT LOVE IT amazing I have my radar my Iphone tunes hooked up my buddies and I can talk about pit stops or what ever plus my gf is plugged in too.
    Why would you do that to yourself?
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Registered User Array noodling12's Avatar
    Bike
    '00 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelsLESS View Post
    I hum to myself when riding!

Thanks for all the response, i got a great list now and will be doing some research and then shopping!
    Thanks!

Registered User Array scotchtape's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSX-R 600
    I ordered a pair of flat motorcycle helmet headphones for like $5 USD on Ebay which look like those IMCs... remind me to post a review of it when I get them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorbike-Helmet...item414f06d02a

So cheap...

What I have right now is some chopped up Sony headphones I took apart and placed inside the helmet, like those flat speakers.

Had to break out the soldering iron but it's all good, if you have an old set of headphones you can do that too it's a cheap method.

I suggest doing the speaker method because you can use ear plugs and protect your hearing... I find the earphones don't provide enough dampening for the external sounds to be of any real use, well they're great for frying you hearing on the bike.

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa
    The best earbuds I have found are these

Black CX-300 Sennheiser Earbud Headphones

fit nicely in ear and dont stick out to catch helmet when taking them off and on...also have great sound and noise canceling

was quick shipping to Canada and the price was awesome

I have tried everything and these are the best

IMHO

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-CX-300-Sen...item1c11b23764