Hwy 97 and Coq?

Thread: Hwy 97 and Coq?

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    N Van
    gsxr 750

Hwy 97 and Coq?

I drive the 97 and the Coquihaila twice a week but have been thinking about switching it up to riding. I've seen the gravel, I've seen the melting snow, but in a nice heated truck I can't really venture a guess at how chilly it might be to ride... Yes I've done the window down to guestimate. Any fair weather riders tried this yet? Anyone regret that choice part way through?
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

2. Remove Advertisements

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.
    My latest Coquihalla traverse was in mid-November, and earliest was March. Can be tricky, but with heated gear, and travelling in the sunniest part of the day (11-3) you'll reduce the risk.

Registered User Array 4wheelsLESS's Avatar
    The Moment
    Only U see my ride
    Past, there were instances of hail in May just before Victoria Day on the Coq and 97connector. I saw a group of 4 riders this early February when it was slushy...2 KLR's, 1 DRZ, and 1 sport/touring heading towards hope this past winter.

Forgot to mention that thick fog is common on the 97c pass and also just before you hit Peachland. Even in late spring you will encounter thick fog coming down the hill before Peachland. It's worrisome that you have to pay attention to what's in front of you inside the fog patch but you always worry that some run away trucks is behind you inside the fog.
    Last edited by 4wheelsLESS; 05-01-2010 at 09:30 AM.

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    It was snowing on it the other day.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!