Vancouver to Penticton

Thread: Vancouver to Penticton

Registered User Array ilovemyfootball's Avatar
    North Van
    2002 Speed four

Vancouver to Penticton

Has anyone driven to Penticton on their bikes recently?

I'm looking at making the trip this weekend, yet when I was checking out the drivebc site and looking at traffic cams, there seems to be a bunch of snow still. (on the coquihalla)

Is 97 a better route (dryer, less snow)? I've only ever been to Penticton once, so I really don't know the ins and outs of riding out there. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Go east on Hwy 3. North from Keremeos, if you're worried about the elevation changes. (Hwy 3 is not as high as Hwy 5).

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Yup, highway 3 through Manning Park should be ok this time of year, It will be cold once you get East of Hope all the way to Manning park main gate, but warmer as you continue East into Princeton.

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    07 zx6r
    drove through there a few weeks ago...looked clear
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S
    I drove to Princeton on Saturday, electing to drive rather than ride because of calls for thunderstorms and unsettled, unseasonally cold weather. Sure enough it had snowed a couple inches of fresh snow though the Manning Park corridor (the scenery was scintillating), and the couple of riders I did see toughing it out looked miserable.

That being said, it has since warmed up considerably and riding the Hope/Princeton from now on will be fabulous. The road was quite clean and gravel at a minimum, so provided you don't pick a window of time that is raining - it'll be a magnificent ride going that route to Penticton (The Coquihalla sucks on a m/cycle - straight and boring).

Registered User Array
    2007 f800st
    Highway was good today-but these are mountain passes and can change in a heartbeat. if not certain check out Drive BC website before departing and check with the RCMP detachment in Hope before proceeding