BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

I need help with lowering please

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Jaybo 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a shop that will lower my 04 triumph daytona 600 but i am having no luck. I've tried 5th gear and bayside performance and none of them seem to be able to do it. Ive tried the british italian dealer but they charge too much. Please recommend me a shop that can do the job.

thanks!

#8 ·
lowering links go for $150 to $175 USD for the part alone, plus shipping, brokerage fees, etc. How much is too much to do it? Another $80 shop fee on top of that?

I'd suggest either British Italian (which specialize in Triumph stuff BTW), or RMR. Either way, I'd say you are looking at $200 to $300 plus taxes. How much did they quote you?

#9 ·
i tried ems but they told me i gotta get the parts. he can only install. rmr is too far for me cuz im in richmond. british italian quoted me at $400+ for parts n install which is too expensive in my opinion.

#10 ·
If you don’t want to pay people to do the work for you at a price they feel is fair why not just learn to do it yourself?

And if not that, is there some reason you can’t at least order the parts yourself and then take them to EMS?

#13 ·
i prefer to get it done professionally as i know i might screw it one way or another. i can most likely get the parts but it would be more convenient if i can find someone to get it and be able to install it for me. saves me time. but, if i run out of options then getting the parts myself would be my back up plan.

#12 ·
Rmr suspension are scam artist!!

Quoted 300 on 3 different occasions and upon drop off and they called saying this that and the other thing needed to be fixed. I declined the extra work which was gonna cost another 300 ontop of the quoted 300 and when I went to go pick up the price minus the extra stiff still came out to 500!! Wasn't all the extra stuff included gonna be 600?

They are scam artist. Be aware.

#14 ·
Motorcycle repair is not an exact science.

Sometimes when you bring a bike in to have the stated work done, the mechanic finds unexpected challenges which will increase the amount of parts and/or labour required, which makes the price higher. The mechanic also has a responsibility to ensure your machine is working safely when it leaves the shop.

A quote is simply "from what you've told us is wrong, we think it should cost this much to fix". It's not "this will be exactly to the penny how much this will cost you to get it out the door".

Also, a good mechanic will examine the entire system and make suggestions on things they think should be done to increase your performance or safety. This is a service to you. You chose to decline the extra work, which is completely within your rights to do. If they'd gone ahead and performed the work and charged you for it anyway, THAT would be a scam.

Your experience sounds like exactly what should have happened when taking your machine into a shop. I've never worked with RMR, but it doesn't sound like they are in the wrong here.

So, unless you can provide more information on this transaction you think you were wronged for, I'd say "scam" was a pretty harsh judgement.

:2cents

#15 ·
Man, $400 with parts and install. Like I said, how much do you need it lowered, shaving seat is like $80 and you don't screw with the bike's suspension and geometry.

#17 ·
ok i just did a research about shaving seats.
will that really help make me reach the ground better? i dont even think my seat has enough cushion to be shaved off with sacrificing comfort of cushioning. i dont wanna sit on a seat that feels like concrete.

#26 ·
sounds like you saved a hundred? I know someone who paid an extra amount above the original quote at RMR, but then the forks were found to be damaged.. the quote was for working on an undamaged set of forks. Parts needed to be replaced and extra time was involved hence the extra cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.