Best 2 day, overnight tours...

Thread: Best 2 day, overnight tours...

Bike
    bah

Best 2 day, overnight tours...

Any suggestions for 2 day, 8-10 hour/day, routes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array ridenaked's Avatar
    Bike
    cbr 900rr streetfighter
    ride to nelson and back, lots of different ways to get there. pm me if you want more details.

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

Bike
    ummm
    A circle route to Grand Coullee Dam using Hwy 20, overnight there watching the fun little lazer light show shot against the dam face, then return via Osoyoos on Hwy 3.

Steve

Bike
    2005 Hondabago
    Island seems like a good option: Ferry from sunshine coast/powell or mainland, tofino/uculut, lower island port renfrew loop, gold river - islandriders.ca

A ride earlier did the olympic peninsula with enough options for a great overnighter.

Four lakes offer great routes along the water, to and from - kelowna, nakusp, kaslo, invermere.

A stop near kamloops offers a great base for some of BC's best and newest loops as paving continues.
    Look not for happiness around the corner. Happiness is the corner. IBA#42642

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by schmii View Post
    Island seems like a good option: Ferry from sunshine coast/powell or mainland, tofino/uculut, lower island port renfrew loop, gold river - islandriders.ca
    *If* staying overnight, the island starts to turn into a pricey ride, with expensive hotels and ferries.

That's where the WA routes present better value....no ferry, and the chance to actually get a somewhat cheap hotel.

Too bad it's foretasted so cold at night this weekend, or a sleeping back & tent would be the best option IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1
    If you ride down to Whitby island the ferry over to Port Townsend is only $12 then loop around the Olympic peninsula. I did it in 3 days but I was taking it easy and I went out to Neah Bay and back as well,that road is so twisty it will make you dizzy but not up the usual US standards as its on an Indian reserve,so its much like a BC road minus the tar snakes.
    The rest of the Olympic peninsula is some of the best roads I have ever ridden.
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by XdtesZombie View Post
    If you ride down to Whitby island the ferry over to Port Townsend is only $12 then loop around the Olympic peninsula. I did it in 3 days but I was taking it easy and I went out to Neah Bay and back as well,that road is so twisty it will make you dizzy but not up the usual US standards as its on an Indian reserve,so its much like a BC road minus the tar snakes.
    The rest of the Olympic peninsula is some of the best roads I have ever ridden.
    Yes, some fantastic roads and scenery of there, a very good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    Z1000 07, SV650 04, CBR600 87, KZ440 82
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    *If* staying overnight, the island starts to turn into a pricey ride, with expensive hotels and ferries.

That's where the WA routes present better value....no ferry, and the chance to actually get a somewhat cheap hotel.

Too bad it's foretasted so cold at night this weekend, or a sleeping back & tent would be the best option IMO.

BC Ferries is such a rip off. You can take Washington State Ferry from Anacortes, WA to Sidney, BC for a lot cheaper. The drawback is that they only have one ferry a day, and maybe 2 during high season.

I'm waiting to explore this side of the border till exchange rate comes down to C$1.40 or more against a US$. Ride USA while it's cheap for us!

I like riding N. Cascades Hwy (SR20) this time of the year to the interiror Washington. It's in general a lot warmer and dryer there, but can be scorching hot and traffic and LEOs on SR20 become brutal during summer.

In the middle of summer, I like going to Vancouver, WA (or metro Portland) going through Mt. St. Helens. There are many great backroads along Columbia River. Lodging in metro Portland is cheap, through websites like Priceline, or camping is great in or around Mt. St. Helens.

I like SR112, it is great all the way to Neah Bay, but it's not one of my best 2-day rides: Neah Bay is a 'dry', depressing indian reservation, motel I stayed was bad and expensive. Motels in Clallam Bay and Sekiu were totally full when I went there on a Sat. in Oct. US101 is such a boring and frustrating road with full of slow RVs all the way from Port Townsend through Port Angeles. Port Townsend ferry is another drawback: it's advised to arrive at least an hour prior to departure during summer, so it easily eats up 2 hours of my time one way.

Oregon Coast is feasible by a 2-day ride, but roads to get there are so-so, and once you get there, you'll find tons of great roads. It's a pity you go back home next day, so it's a minimum 3-day destination for me.