Fender Eliminator Prototype

Thread: Fender Eliminator Prototype

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2006 GSX-R750

Fender Eliminator Prototype

I was not happy with the available fender eliminator kits so I made my own. Here are some pictures of the first prototype. Most kits don't have the running and license plate lights so I added some. I also added some blue LEDs to light up my fenderwell. The whole thing is laser cut from stainless and powder coated black. There is also a 1/4" acrylic spacer used in the fender so that everything fits nicely.

This one is mounted on an 06 GSX-R750 but others could be made if there is any interest.

Please comment good or bad. I already want to make a few changes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    No speed holes in the plate??

Looks good, but those blue LED's may cause you trouble, and you'll want more light on the plate itself. I agree though...most aftermarket eliminators are total crap. I personally run with stock.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    More than one
    Not usually a fan of fender eliminators but in this case - nicely done.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2006 GSX-R750
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatrider View Post
    No speed holes in the plate??

Looks good, but those blue LED's may cause you trouble, and you'll want more light on the plate itself. I agree though...most aftermarket eliminators are total crap. I personally run with stock.

Thanks for your comments. I agree that the plate needs some more light. The Leds are bright enough it is just that the light isn't angled correctly. I could add a switch to the blue leds in case the police take exception to it. The angle is wrong on the blue also. I was in a rush and just wanted to get it installed as it makes it easier to find all the corrections that need to be done. I am actually thinking of cutting out a brushed stainless accent piece to cover over some of the black and the mess I made grinding the weld.

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA
    Looks good but make sure those pivot bolts are tight... cops will give you a few words about plate flippers and such.

Good work and the GSXR symbol looks well done.

Bike
    (Неваляшка)
    looks good, I don`t like the lights idea though.