Hello from Aus

Thread: Hello from Aus

Bike
    F4easy

Hello from Aus

Hi guys. I stumbled across your forum while looking for ride routes and decided to join to meet some like minded nut jobs.

I landed in your fine country just under two weeks ago, I was having withdrawal symptoms from not riding so I went and bought myself a cbr600 F4i. I will be based out of Vancouver.

I've ridden in Australia for around 5 years (on road) and keep switching between road bikes and dirt bikes, my last stint being on a motard/dirty so my style is still a little retarded at the moment.

I look forward to heading out on some rides and enjoying your country, it's a whole different experience to my usual rides.

Bike
    Z1000 07, SV650 04, CBR600 87, KZ440 82
    Welcome!

As a total, I'm convinced that riding experience is better in USA. This is not to say there's no ride worthy roads in BC and Canada as a whole, but I find USA offers better cost performance pretty much everything (including fine amount for traffic violations), less traffic in general, traffic violations outside BC don't affect our BC licnese and insurance rates, etc.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot who thinks otherwise, but it's been working well for me so far.

Bike
    2005 Hondabago
    Welcome

here's probably the best resource you can start with.
    Look not for happiness around the corner. Happiness is the corner. IBA#42642

Bike
    F4easy
    Quote Originally Posted by schmii View Post
    Welcome

here's probably the best resource you can start with.
    Thanks guys, I've already bookmarked that link :P

Your insurance confuses the hell out of me...and it costs a fortune. Our system in Aus is completely different. My insurance on a triumph 955 (full comprehensive, agreed value, cover to $25m) was $CAD600 a year.

I'll have to sit some one down and get them to go over the whole points scheme too, a lot different to the demerit system down under.

Bike
    2005 Hondabago
    Here icbc minimum is needed and comprehensive is optional. Private requires a clean record but costs much less.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...&postcount=113
    Look not for happiness around the corner. Happiness is the corner. IBA#42642

Bike
    F4easy
    Quote Originally Posted by schmii View Post
    Here icbc minimum is needed and comprehensive is optional. Private requires a clean record but costs much less.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...&postcount=113
    I've gone for comprehensive, already paid and sorted You can never be too careful. It's the whole speeding fine, etc and how that affects your insurance. It is a very foreign concept to me.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    welcome
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves