Two tag games will be created; you will play for the West or East side of the Fraser River, whatever boundary you live in is what side you will play (see map)
* Someone takes a picture of their bike in front of a landmark located in your Map boundaries and post it on the tag site
* Someone else recognizes the landmark, rides to the same place, and gets a photo with their bike at the same spot.
* Reply to the original Photo (see FAQ), upload the photo with a address or closest crossroads, absolutely no editing after you hit submit (see FAQ)
* You may then upload a new picture within (1) hour of the reply time
* You will then receive 10 points and your name entered on the west or east score board, determined by what border you live in
*You can tag from the other side of the river as well, if you recognize a tag in Surrey and you live in Downtown and you happen to get that tag, you will receive 15 points, but you have to place a new tag on the East side of the border
PLEASE READ ALL RULES, PRIOR TO PLAYING - some rules have changed, there will be no exceptions
This is a very simple game, unfortunately written down, it seems complicated. It's like trying to explain to someone how to put a kickstand down on a bike...easy....but if you read it, step by step, on a piece of paper it seems more complicated... until you actually do it.
1) Digital images must be of a good quality and of decent size and clarity. Solely decided by the moderators. If your picture sucks ass and a mod decides such the tag will be free for someone else (or yourself) to go get again. After being determined by a mod the first person to post a good quality picture and address will be awarded the points. Bad picture quality will not be rewarded with points. You will have already given up the location so make sure your picture quality matches your effort.
Mobile uploads this season (June-July) will not be frowned upon. As discussed by the current moderators there are many reasons for this. I will list a few for the sake of argument but I know I'll miss plenty.
1) It's just to much damn work chasing everyones photo down. I wanna play also.
- there are just to many ways to get around the old rules (we feel).
- there are storage cards with wifi built into the storage cards (did you know that?)
- believe it or not, there are some images I can't get the data on
- net books
- friends, family or even work locations in the opposite region of where you reside
2) You must declare the region you live in, so you will be scored appropriately. If discovered at a later time you declared that you live in the east and you actually live in the west (or vice versa), your points will be reset to zero
3) There should be no more than one tag per region running at once, on both the east and west side
4) Keep the tag identifiable and easy to access. Don't take a picture of a tree, mailbox, house unless there is a significant landmark on it or behind it. If you need to give a hint with the tag, then the tag is not easily identifiable. Motorcycle tag is to encourage riding, not online searching. Absolutely no illegal tags or high risk tags, determined by the mods and could be disqualified.
5) You must post a complete Tag with picture and address. No editing after you post (see FaQ)
6) There will be a 24 hr Max per tag posted up, server time. If a tag runs over 24 hours, a new picture may be posted by anyone, EXCLUDINGthe original poster, after the full 24 hours expires. -example 1:05 pm - 1:05 pm (must post at 1:06 pm server time) (NO points awarded)
Excluding the original poster is new for this season. It is to encourage the original poster to keep the tag easily identifiable since they will not be permitted to post it again if the tag expires.
No points will be awarded for posting a new tag when a tag expires. This is to encourage riding to get the tag, not waiting to get easy points for expired tags.
7) Banked pictures are encouraged to keep the game flowing rapidly and to create better quality tag pictures. Banked pictures must be within the boundaries and have to be no older then the current tag game year. You only have 1 hour to post a new tag. (5 points) awarded to next poster of a new tag if the 1 hour (server time) expires, and you will only receive (5 points).
8) No third party clues, only the original poster can suggest clues
9) You must reply to the original tag posting and provide a address to the tag (see FAQ) If an address isn't provided another person may post the tag with the address and that tagger will be awarded the 10 points
10) You must take a new Tag picture, even if you just happen to have a picture banked of your bike at the Tag site, ride out and take a new one. If discovered 10 points will be lost.
East / West Boundaries
Why are we having to reply to the old tags ??
This helps the mods for scoring the proper tag to the player
OK.... so how do I reply to the original Tag ??
Just click on reply link on the old tag, add your tag picture (2 pictures in this message) with a google link or address
Why can't I edit my picture after I put it up in the reply to post???
This stops people from jumping the cue. Say I'm trying to get a picture up with all the details and jump in with just a pic, then start editing google links and inputting address's.....while you have everything ready to go......thus no edits allowed, as per rule #5
I happen to have a picture of the tag , that I took previously, do I have to go get another picture ??
Yes, as per rule #10, you MUST take a new picture...If discovered, all your points will be lost !! This will ensure fairness for everyone, it is Tag after all
Creators, Moderators and bcsportbikes.com do not encourage any illegal activity and will not be held responsible.
Decisions you make in efforts to further yourself in this game are your own. This game does not require that you behave in an illegal or irresponsible manner.
Motorcycle Tag is created to get like minded people out riding and to make new friends.
Moderators : YOU
First person to post a tag picture from the WEST SIDE with their bike at 00:01 (server time) June 1st will receive 10 points and start off the game
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN
A lesson on editing scoring in tag
The link to the spread sheet is
DON’T touch anything in the YELLOW AREAS on the spread sheet, they contain all the formulas
When you go to add the scores…there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the page
Tab 1) overall standings, the only time you have to adjust here is if NEW player tags.
Tab 2) and Tab 3) east and west division standings, the only time you have to adjust here is if a NEW player tags otherwise its updated automatically..Just add the new players name (exactly as its posted in SCORING DETAILS) at bottom of standings..Determine if they are playing in the west tab or the east tab
*To sort the scores in tabs 1,2,3 when one player passes another…click TOOLS in the menu and click on the top score number only and click SORT Z - A
Tab 4) East Scoring details and Tab 5) West scoring details
– this is where you work from and the entire sheet can be written in…adding scores, bonus rounds, tag not put up in an hour, expired tags etc…you either add a score or put a – (score) as it occurs
-Time and date are added as well…good idea to look the entire page over to see how it is done
-Time per tag (just copy and paste the previous time and paste to the one below
-Read over the rules carefully and apply the points or subtract them…. regards to the rules sheet
Good luck !!!