Z1000, anyone ride one yet?

Thread: Z1000, anyone ride one yet?

Lovely Bike

Z1000, anyone ride one yet?

Wondering if anyone on the board had the chance to ride the new kawasaki z1000? If so, how would you compare it to say a zx-9r, which it is based on?

Your views will be appreicated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I think Cursed rode one.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Herb Lipschnitz
    Yup, I rode it. I thought it was great. Super smooth on and off throttle. Great accelleration. I've spent some time on a 9R and own the ZRX12.

That said the Z1 comes on sooner than the 9R but has nowhere near the torque of the ZRX. If you're used to a fairing (or even a puny fairing) it's bizarre to be on a bike with nothing in front of you. Bars are high, steering is very quick...you have big wide motocross bars steering a sport bike 24 degree front end. Wacky, but just need to get used to it.

It was a 15 minute ride so what can I say? It's dirt cheap. Motorcycle.com just reviewed it and loved it.

My overall take? A great dirt cheap bike for what you get, but it looks like something the Green Goblin would ride. It's a poor man's Speed Triple and looks like it.

A couple of Suzukis
    I rode it too, and I totally agree with Lipschnitz...my impressions were almost exactly the same. Seating position, handling, ergos...all that stuff reminded me a lot of the Monster. The motor was fukin juiced...I was expecting a somewhat muted ride, but that was not what I got. That thing has more than enough power to get you in a lot of trouble. The sound was also unreal...quite possibly the best sounding stock motorcycle I've ever heard? (including Ducati)

Oh yeah...and on top of all that, it's a bargain. It costs less than a ZX-6R!
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you