"Black Box" for your bike or car.

Thread: "Black Box" for your bike or car.

That new bike smell Array mondocycle's Avatar

"Black Box" for your bike or car.

Log off and ride.
    Acta Virum Probant

2. Remove Advertisements

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    Fairly recently, I asked an ICBC official about their views on seeing this sort of tech mandated in vehicles in order to eliminate 'the blame game' when it comes to accidents.

Interestingly enough, they told me that right now ICBC has ZERO interest in the idea, and it'll probably never happen.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Would have been nice for the guy that ran the red light, clipped me, spun me into a tree, and totalled my car when I was 17. No witnesses, he was claiming $500k in soft tissue injuries (I think hoping for a quick $20k payout to make him go away).

Thankfully my insurance company saw it as bogus claim, fought it, went to court and won. Took 5 years though, would have been nice to show the video and move on!

Registered User Array swampdonkey25's Avatar
    92 gsxr750w/ 06 honda 919
    wow, all those scammers in surrey would be SCREWED

Registered User Array Ride4Life's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia
    2008 suzuki gsx650f
    Great piece of equipment. The only reason ICBC would not be interested is that thsi would eliminate a ton of Adjusters and jobs. This would end many arguments about liability and save money. ICBC has no interest in your premiums, they only care about their jobs. Did i ever mention i hate ICBC??????

mike was taken Array
    In modern cars throttle input, brake use and speed are monitored.
    In the event of a detected impact the last 5 or 10 seconds of information are stored in memory, which can be accessed later through a plug in.