I'm not sure if this has been tried, delete it if it has!
I have no love for scammers, thieves and assholes.
And I have just read a few posts about such scum suckers....
SO, when someone asks, it's advised to....
1) NEVER hand over cash unless you have a motorcycle in your possesion
2) ALWAYS get a bike inspected by someone who does it on a regular basis
3) INSIST the person accompany you to ICBC to register the vehicle before handing over the money
4) IF it's a big rush, no time to check for liens or ICBC writeoffs, is it worth the chance?
5) ASK for a picture of the VIN (vehicle identification number on the frame) if the bike is not in your immediate area
6) Google any addresses given (see example below!)
7) DO the checks
8) Search to see if that model is a lemon!