don't forget your fishing license

Thread: don't forget your fishing license

Registered User Array SizzleChest's Avatar
    over yonder

don't forget your fishing license

$900K prize lost because of no fishing license

A one-year fishing license for North Carolina residents costs $15. For out-of-staters, it's $30. And because a crew member didn't have one in the Big Rock Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament it apparently will cost the winning boat $912,825 in prize money.

"It hurts," said Andy Thomossan, whose Citation boat caught an 883-pound blue marlin. "We didn't do anything wrong. But one of our people did. He failed to get a fishing license, but we didn't know it. He told us he had it. He didn't. So you take a man for his word, you know?"

Thomossan declined to identify the crew member, according to the Jacksonville Daily News, and said there would be no leeway granted by officials of the $1.66 million tournament.

"They're taking it away, everything," Thomossan said. "The fish is disqualified. We're disqualified. So that's the end of it."

Under tournament rules, anyone fishing aboard a vessel must have a North Carolina fishing license, including the captain, the mate and anglers.
    *** Do not buy from MarcLapierre. see why ***

Registered User Array Ride4Life's Avatar
    Brisbane, Australia
    2008 suzuki gsx650f
    I would take the guy and dump him off the fucking boat, after i hit him in the head with a helmet!

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Last year we were 'pulled over' by the coast guard for fishing license checks (we had them) but surprisingly, they didn't check my boating license (which I also had).